Section Background Video Not Loading

Our homepage open section has a video background that is no longer loading on back or front end, but if i visit the link the video most certainly exists at the URL being queried.

https://usatcorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/USAT-Main-Header-Video.mp4
https://usatcorp.com/

Please advise.

Hi Jesse,

It seems some of the JavaScript errors coming from RocketLazyLoadScripts which blocking the Video to load. There might be some different reasons behind your issue, I would like to suggest troubleshoot the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.Child Theme Related issue
3.CSS/JS Customization

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps and you are still getting the issue, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

I added a secure note with the credentials. I went to the WP-Rocket settings and disabled the optimization for videos and iFrames, then i went into cloudflare and disabled Rocket Loader. But a syntax error is still noted in console and the video still does not load. The sntax error being reported now has no details whatsoever. The first error noted Rocket Loader, the second (after disabling Rocket Loader) pointed to WP Rocket, and the third, with neither of them enabled points to nothing and nowhere.

Hi Jesse,

It could be one of your plugins is causing the issue, I suggest that you disable all your plugins and let see if the video background will work.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

What’s the location of the script used to load image backgrounds in Pro? I’ll add it to the excluded scripts in WP-Rocket and see if that has any impact.

Hello Jesse,

These issues generally come due to cache, JS/CSS minification, and a plugin conflict. You must troubleshoot the common issue with our troubleshooting guide. For the cache and JS/CSS minification, you must exclude the required files that are required in the cache or minification plugin(JS/CSS and HTML optimization plugin)

For example

wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs.2155f74.js
wp-content/themes/pro/framework/dist/js/site/x.js

Please have a look at these videos to learn more about the minification of the JS/CSS files

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.