Revolution Slider Errors in IE11

I have created a slider for our homepage, but when I load it on IE11 it shows up as a totally blank space.

When I inspect element and poke around a little, I notice that “visibility: hidden” is added to every layer for some reason.

I also notice that it is not positioning the layers properly even when I remove the “visibility: hidden”.

Not sure why this is happening, it works just fine in Chrome.

Any idea how to prevent this?

Hi Brian,

Thank you for writing in, please do the following:

• Ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, Cornerstone, and Revolution Slider (Version Compatibility)
  • Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. Please deactivate this caching features while we tackle this issue.

If the issue persists, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

Thanks for your reply.

Everything has been updated. And there is no caching or anything in place yet, as it’s just a staging site for right now.

I will attach the credentials to this post.

Hi Brian,

How did you add that gradient green hover effect? Is that native to Revolution Slider? Would you mind removing that effect and see that resolves the IE11 issue.

Thanks,

Hey,

I added the hover gradient by adding 2 boxes to the bottom of the slider, one had a white gradient on it, and the other had a green gradient on it, one was set to 0 opacity and the other was set to 1 opacity, and then swapped between the opacity of one or the other using javascript depending on if the logo was being hovered upon.

As suggested, I copied the slider, removed the boxes with the gradients and swapped out the slider on the home page. However, it is still not working in IE11.

One thing I have noticed is this error in the console of IE11, which originates from a rev slider javascript file.

Hi Brian,

The reason why I ask that is that when I imported your slider on my dev site it works fine even on IE11.

So more likely this issue has something to do with your setup, please try removing all your custom script including that hover effect on “MICHIGAN CREATIVE”. Also please do testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hello,

I went through and tested which plugin might be causing this issue, and it turned out to be “SVG Support” which is the plugin that allows me to use SVG’s on the website.

I will have to figure out a way around this because I need to be able to use SVG’s, as much of the sites core functionality is around SVG stuff.

Thanks for your help.

Glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.