Responsive Menu Stuck Open

Hello,

The menu that should show at mobile sizes, is stuck open.
I suspect it is a javascript error, but I have been unable to track it down.

The link above is my staging server with the latest version of the x theme and all plugins disabled

Thanks for your help!

Hi Malcolm,

Did you happen to add some customization for the menu area through the child theme? It seems that the structure of the header is different to the default header structure. If you did, kindly try removing the custom code.

If you did not add any code, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue persists, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note:

All plugins are disabled, there is some CSS customization, but when I remove that I still have the same problem. Thanks

Hello Malcolm,

Please have your _nav-primary.php file updated and use this instead:

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/GLOBAL/_NAV-PRIMARY.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Outputs the primary nav.
// =============================================================================

if( function_exists( 'ubermenu' ) && $config_id = ubermenu_get_menu_instance_by_theme_location( 'primary' ) ):
	ubermenu( $config_id, array( 'theme_location' => 'primary') );
 else: ?>

<a href="#" id="x-btn-navbar" class="x-btn-navbar collapsed" data-x-toggle="collapse-b" data-x-toggleable="x-nav-wrap-mobile" aria-expanded="false" aria-controls="x-nav-wrap-mobile" role="button">
  <i class="x-icon-bars" data-x-icon-s="&#xf0c9;"></i>
  <span class="visually-hidden"><?php _e( 'Navigation', '__x__' ); ?></span>
</a>

<nav class="x-nav-wrap desktop" role="navigation">
  <?php x_output_primary_navigation(); ?>
</nav>

<div id="x-nav-wrap-mobile" class="x-nav-wrap mobile x-collapsed" data-x-toggleable="x-nav-wrap-mobile" data-x-toggle-collapse="1" aria-hidden="true" aria-labelledby="x-btn-navbar">
  <?php x_output_primary_navigation(); ?>
</div>

<?php endif; ?>

If you need anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

This worked. Thank you!

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.