Replicating https://theme.co/x/ header look with Pro theme

Hello,

I am trying to stretch the TABS in the content area like I have illustrated with the arrows in the screenshot.

Thank you for the assistance.

Hi There,

The tabs look full width on my end:

Did you sort it out?

Regards!

Not sure how I did it, but sure enough now it appears the way I wanted it on my end as well.

Thank you.

Great! Itā€™s good to know that.
If you need anything else we can help you with, donā€™t hesitate to open another thread.

I could open a new thread, but it doesnā€™t seem practical, since I have a tiny issue.

Is there any way to adjust the relative font size of just the tabs text in the red boxes? I can adjust their relative size through the inspector but then the text in the tabs increases as well.

Thank you.

Hi @c.economides,

Please add this CSS to your global custom CSS if you wish its font to scale according to device width.

.x-tabs-list .button {
    font-size: calc(15px + 1vw) !important;
}

The 15px is the base size added with 1vw for scale. You can change it to fit your preference. This should serve as a guide only and we donā€™t provide supports to any provide custom CSS and codes.

Thanks!

Is this were Iā€™m supposed to put it? Because if it is, it isnā€™t affecting the size of the font no matter what value I put in px.

Hi @c.economides,

Yes, should be there but there is a typo error on my given CSS. Please change it to this

.x-tabs-list button {
    font-size: calc(15px + 1vw) !important;
}

A dot :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Ok, Iā€™ve searched everywhere and canā€™t figure it out. How can I fix the colors of this monstrosity?

I want to change the text color where the left arrow is pointing and at least the background color where the right arrow is pointing.

Thanks a bunch.

Hello There,

That is the alert box generated by WooCommerce. To change the colors, please make use of this example code:

.x-alert-danger, .buddypress #message.error, .bbp-template-notice.error {
    background-color: #e5e5e5;
    border-color: #e5e5e5;
    color: #000;
}

.woocommerce-message a, 
.woocommerce-error a, 
.woocommerce-info a {
    border-color: #fff;
    background-color: #fff;
    text-shadow: none;
    text-decoration: none;
}

.woocommerce-message a:hover, 
.woocommerce-error a:hover, 
.woocommerce-info a:hover {
    border-color: #f0f0f0;
    background-color: #f0f0f0;
}

Feel free to change the colors as needed.

I insert the text you supplied in ā€˜CONTENT CSSā€™ tab of the pro theme settings menu (Correct?).

However, I havenā€™t managed to adjust the colors of the message, which I show in the screenshot. I tried adjusting the colors there, but there is no difference in the error message. Please advise.

Thank you.

Hello There,

I have checked your site and I could not find the given css in the Theme Options > Custom CSS.

I went ahead and added the css code myself. Please check your site now.

Hello,

I am having trouble accessing the Pro module to work on my site, I keep getting this error:

"The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong.

Origin URL: https://ultimatecell.bg

Preview URL: https://ultimatecell.bg/"

Can you please take a look at it and let me know whatā€™s wrong?
It worked fine a couple of days ago when I last worked on it. I have seen the same error here and there, but it always went away after I reloaded the page a couple of times, not this time though.

Thank you.

Hi @c.economides,

Have you recently added some plugins or content? Adding more may require more resources and maybe your site is on its limit which maybe sometimes it works after reloading. And are you on shared hosting?

Please try increasing your siteā€™s memory limit to 512mb. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

I also checked and confirmed that itā€™s not loading but loading on a page with fewer content.

Thanks.

Hello,

My hosting provider has increased the siteā€™s memory limit to 1GB but I still canā€™t get the large parts of the site to load through the editor (main menu, main page).
The hosting provider suggested something, which I donā€™t think is the issue, but I am sharing it just in case:
ā€œItā€™s 1GB now, so itā€™s not the memory limit, ask them on which PHP version it should run as youā€™re currently using 7.2ā€

Please help.

Hey @c.economides,

Pro is compatible with PHP 7.2. But, just for testing, you can try downgrading to 7.1 or 7.0.

The preview does not load because of an Internal Server error. Itā€™s a generic error which has many possible causes. One of which is custom rules in your htaccess. Please try resetting your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

If that does not help, please give us FTP access in a secure note.

Thanks.

Hello,

I added it as a secure note to my previous reply.

I tried resetting the .htaccess file, however I still get the same error.

Thank you.

Hello @c.economides,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I checked the home page and can see the error message while loading the home page in content builder, other page are loading fine. Other then the plugins, I tried all possible troubleshooting steps but itā€™s not working out. I also checked your server configuration and can see that you are using PHP 7.2. Can you please try to downgrade to PHP version 7.1 just to see of the problem is causing because of PHP. I also exported the page as template and imported to my local setup and in that content builder is working fine. So I donā€™t think itā€™s a problem with the page, but more so issue might be related with hosting.

1. Get in touch with your hosting provider and make sure that all files and folders have correct permission. For more information on permission, please take a look at following article. https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions
  2. Have you tried testing for plugin conflict? Try testing for plugin conflict and see how it goes by deactivating all plugins and see if issue gets resolved. After that you can reactivate one at a time to narrow down.

If the problem is still there, please create a new ticket as this ticket has diverted from the original question you asked. please share the details in the same along with the output of above potential solutions and one of the support staff will take a look. You can give reference/link to this ticket.

Thanks.

I apologize for replying here, but I wanted to make sure you get the message, by replying to your post. I do not know how to downgrade php version, but I did get in touch with my hosting provider after disabling all plugins and seeing that the problem is there.

The hosting provider has temporarily removed the limitations of my plan and i still get the error, but he noticed something, which I am quoting here:

I increased resources for your account and it applied correctly.

I noticed some error for that section

==============
[28-Aug-2018 19:29:21 UTC] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/oakcidsx/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/views/elements/tabs.php on line 40
[28-Aug-2018 19:29:21 UTC] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/oakcidsx/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/views/elements/tabs.php on line 73

Hi Constantine,

I figure out what is causing that warnings, but its not the culprit of the main error. That warnings are cause by an empty Tab element on your page, I added an item on that tab, and that warning is gone now.

But the issue with Cornerstone not showing the preview is still there, its weird that sometimes when I remove the header the preview loads, so I think it caused something on the header, But I donā€™t see anything wrong on your header (main menu).

There is a 500 (Internal Server Error) when we try to open the page or the header (main menu), and must of the time that 500 (Internal Server Error) is server side.

Would you mind asking your hosting to upgrade your PHP version 7.0 or 7.1. Right now it is set to version 5.6.37

Thanks,