Remove post meta on archive index page

Good day. Using the Integrity stack, how do I remove the meta tags (author, date, category, “leave a comment”) on the index page in the archive? I know there is not an option for this (the option removes it on the index and single page, I just need to remove it on the index archive page), so can I please have the css code for that?

In addition, how do I remove the tags on the archive index page (keep them on the single page). Thanks

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for writing in! There is a setting in the Theme Options > Blog > Content and this setting will be applied to both the blog index, archive pages and the rest of the single blog posts. To hide the post meta in archive pages, you may refer to this thread:

Best Regards.

Thank you very much. So those solutions remove it on the Index and Single page, correct? I only want it removed on the Index page. That way, when I have the masonary option on, all I see is the Featured image, the post title, and the excerpt.

hi Chris,

The #2 solution from @Christian in this thread: Stack Style & Meta in Archive Page, should remove the post meta only on the archive pages. It will still display in your blog index and single posts.

Regards.

Excellant! so the meta is now gone on the index but is retained on the single page…Great!

But, how do I remove the tags on just the index page? I tried this but it removed it on both the index and the single page

.entry-footer.cf {
display: none;
}

Hey Chris,

Your code will remove the tags in all of the pages.

.entry-footer.cf {
    display: none;
}

If you only want to do the same with the post meta, it is best that you add .archive class in the code just like what you have seen in #2 and combine it in the code. Therefore the final code can be:

.archive .p-meta,
.archive .entry-footer.cf  {
    display:none;
}

Best Regards.

Thank you very much, yes now I see the solution was to add in the archive class.

I really appreciate your support, it is one of the reasons I have stayed with X theme. That is all I need, thank you again.

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.