Problem with Navigation Collapsed element

In my header I have a navigation collapsed element that appears on mobile devices. To navigate to any item in the menu requires two taps. It doesn’t have to be twice on the same menu item. But it always requires to taps.

This is only happening on mobile with tapping. Clicking on desktop works as expected. This isn’t an issue with a specific to my model of phone as I tested this on iPhone 7 and my coworker tested on his iPhone 10.

This isn’t a issue specific to Safari as I also tested it on Chrome on my iPhone and chrome as well has this problem.

I am running the most recent version of
wp
php
pro

I deactivated all plugins, my child theme, and removed all js and css from the page, header, footer, and theme editors.

The problem persisted.

As far as I can tell its a problem with the theme however it doesn’t happen for every site, as I have another site with the most recent version of the theme and this problem doesn’t happen on that site.

Hello @alex5252,

Thanks for writing in!

I have tested your site on my mobile phone. I can tap on the menu items only once. Be advise that there are no clicks on smaller screens. It requires taps. Please check out my mobile screen cap here:

Can you please clear your mobile browser caches and test your site again?

Regards.

Have you tried with iPhone? We’ve experienced this problem with two different iPhone models.

I restarted my phone, cleared my cache, AND used incognito And the problem persists.

Hi Alex,

This is known issue on the current release, you can either roll back to the stable version of X 7.1.2, or please install the copy I’ll provide in the secure note.

Please note that you have to deactivate and delete both X and Cornerstone before you can install that copy.

Though, if you’re referring to two taps issue with iOS, then the copy I provided may not fix it.

Thanks!

I’m confused as to what you are trying to say.

At first you say that the double tapping is a known issue, but then later you seem uncertain if was referring to the double tapping issue even though I at no point described any other issue.

In regards to the double tapping on ios, is it or is it not a known issue, that would be resolved by rolling back the theme version.

On another note it would appear that the part of my original message where I said that I tested this on another site, using the same and most recent version of Pro and the issue did not manifest itself.

Therefore I’ve shown that at least under certain conditions it is not necessary to rollback the theme to resolve this issue.

Please clarify.

Hey @alex5252,

Sorry for the confusion. Rad essentially is saying that there’s no fix to the double-tapping issue yet so you need to revert to the stable version of our theme.

Before you do that though, I’d like to offer a potential solution and that is to set up a Global Block and add the Navigation Collapsed element inside it. Then in your header, replace the current Navigation Collapsed with a Content Area Off-Canvas element and insert the Global Block shortcode inside it then enable the Dynamic Rendering option. If you’re new to using or not familiar with the Global Blocks, you can learn how to use it here: https://theme.co/docs/global-blocks

The reason why I suggested that is because your issue here is similar to this other thread. The issue is due to the height of the content inside the Navigation Collapsed or any off-canvas element being longer than the mobile screen.

If that does not work or you wish to install the stable version now, go to your Dashboard, click on your license, and download the Stability release.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.