PRO Elements / Sections - Hide During Breakpoints being ignored in Cornerstone

Hey hey!

Can you please check this out - strange stuff happening in Header / Cornerstone with container hide on breakpoints being ignored. Think it may be a bug.

Tried in a different browser (Chrome and Firefox), clearing system cache, browser cahce etc… same thing happening.

I think this has happened after updating PRO yesterday.

When actually viewing the pages that use the header it seems to be ok… but makes it very very painful to develop if Cornerstone display with screen breakpoints does not match actual page view.

Header in question is ‘NEW 2LD Header’.

Login details in a secure note.

Thanks in advance!
Simon

FYI… this is also happening on another site… with same PRO version.

Hence I think maybe its bug in the latest version of PRO / Cornerstone?

Page: MHC Discounts with Trusted Suppliers

Login details for this in secure note

Hey Simon,

I could not replicate your issue. When I edited the header, I had this right away:

I would highly recommend that after every update, aside from clearing the cache, you also go to Cornerstone > Settings > System and hit the “Clear System Cache”. I also noticed that you are using SiteGround. You need to clear the cache from your hosting panel as well.

Best Regards.

Hey guys,
This is still definitely a problem, on all of my sites. … regardless of which website, where hosted and which browser I use.

The hide breakpoint for the largest screen does always work (cornerstone displays or not correctly), but hiding for the the next screen sizes down is sometimes ignored depending upon the screen size width in cornerstone: within a breakpoint (ie. dragging the window to resize) .

I have cleared hosting cache, every type of browser cache possible, turned off caching plugins (and lots of others to test if that helped), done Cornerstone > Settings > System** and hit the “Clear System Cache”, etc.
I’ve tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge browsers… and same problem with all.
I tried on other computers and the problem still exists.

I have uploaded 2 videos of this, made from different PCs.
ie. In cornerstone, when viewing laptop size (for an element hidden for those sizes) - Drag horizontally to adjust the screen width within the mid sized breakpoints… and the element is sometimes still displayed (goes off and on as you increase / decrease screen viewing size) even though it should be hidden for all the range of that screen breakpoint.

Video 1

Video 2

Please check the secure note below for the login details to the website related to these video.

Thanks in advance… it’s driving me bonkers.
Simon

Hey Simon,

I am on a 27-inch screen. I still could not replicate your issue.

Please check out my demo here:

Cheers.

Thanks Ruenel,

However in your video you resized the width when the hide was turned off. Displaying the element always works. The issue is making sure it is always hidden when it should be.

so, you need to resize the screen width when the hide is on… and hopefully you will see that is displays sometimes… when it should not.

Sorry to be a pain man, but I don’t think I’m going mad!
I’ve tried this on many PCs, many browsers and many websites… and it definitely happens.
My laptop has a 15" screen, my main workspace more like a 22" screen.

Please try again… maybe on a different PC? and with Chrome or Firefox browsers? Windows 11?

Cheers
Simon

Hi Simon,

I have created another video. This time, the Section is hidden all the time,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GJ9mgCs_KU

Please check the video above. Thanks.

Hi Ruenel,

Thank you again, I really appreciate your time and effort and the whole Themeco team’s outstanding support.
It’s part of why as a web designer I refuse to develop any website for any of my clients in anything other than X / Pro. I love it.

However, in this case you did the same thing again in the video.

What the video shows is…

1. You the element to show for the breakpoint.
  2. Then (with it set to show ) you resize the widow

At 27 seconds you set the element to SHOW for the laptop breakpoint… then you start resizing… and it displays… this is not the issue. the issue is (the opposite) when the element is set to HIDE it actually sometimes shows.

At 1:04 you set the element to HIDE for the breakpoint… but then do not resize the window after that.
ie.
What the video demonstrates is that the element always correctly SHOWS when it is set to SHOW… this is not my issue.

The problem I am having is that the the element is NOt ALWAYS HIDDEN (when resizing the window within the breakpoint) when is it set to HIDE for that breakpoint.

You need to (please)…

1. Set the element to HIDE for the breakpoint.
  2. Then (with it set to HIDE) resize the widow
    and hopefully you will see sometimes it’s displaying (on and off)

Otherwise… Can I please give you remote access to my work PC and you try that way?
Or can we have a live video call (I have Zoom pro and can send you a link at a time of your choosing) and I can screen my share and show you in real time (on multiple sites, and even multiple PCs / browsers if needed)?

should I downgrade pro and cornerstone and then try again?
If so where do I get the previous versions to try this?

Kind Regards
Simon

Hey Simon,

I think I sent you the same video. Please check this out instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrz1hjlLqVc

Be advised that we do not do Zoom or remote access.

If you can create another staging site to compare whether it is the same behavior or not. I have a hunch that you are having just a cache issue.

Thanks.