Pro Editor Menus Are Transparent

Yes in my prior response I said I had disabled every single plugin on the site as well as removing the .htaccess file. I can check with siteground if thier sg optimization is enabled. Off the top of my head I’m not sure. I fully understand that modifying core file isn’t recommended. I was a bit disappointed to be told yesterday that the issue had been corrected and after finding out it was exactly as it was when I opened this issue. I have given you guys full access to the site. The site is not in full production and I have full backups of all the files and the database. Feel free to disable, remove and do whatever you need to do to find out exactly what is causing the issue. If the site gets trashed I can restore it to where it is now. When I get home I will check and see if any of the hosting company’s optimizations are active. If they are I will disable them.

Once again all the plugins that do any sort of optimization are deactivated. I logged into siteground and disabled static, dynamic caching and memcached. Cleared the browser cache, problem still exists. Short of creating a new instance of WordPress with the theme loaded and migrating all my files and posts and pages I’m not sure of what else to do.

Hey @mkosinski,

We’re sorry for the confusion and we understand your frustration here. However, we could only go as far as making the options background solid here after I have commented out the non-standard (not included by WordPress out of the box) definitions in your wp-config.php. I believe this is what Ruenel did previously also.

We also have no expertise in server and specific or non-standard WordPress setup which is the cause of this issue. Resetting htaccess by renaming it and clicking the update button in Settings > Permalinks does not do anything. There are also numerous files in your server and it is not feasible for us to individually test them if they are causing the issue.

Before, the preview could not complete and the options’ background are transparent.

I’d recommend that you migrate your domain and database to the fresh WordPress install you’ve created where Pro is working. Please see how you can migrate your database in our Migration article at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126. Please test if the issue persist after this.

If it does not persists, you can install back your plugins one by one. The important thing to do here is to monitor your site activity each time so if the issue happens again, you’ll know what caused it.

I’m sorry but again, it is not feasible for us to trace where the issue is coming from because we generally have no expertise in server and non-standard WordPress setup. There are also numerous files in your server and it would take a lot of time to track if they’re doing something in your site so it’s best to test a fresh install.

Thanks.

Ok so I have a new site created at https://markkosinski.com/newphoto/ with Pro installed and so far appears to be functional without the issues on the other instance. Obviously at some point along the way of transitioning to this new site I’ll have to move the license for Pro from the old site to the new one. Is there an easy way to do that?

Ok listed the new site as a staging site in my profile. Activated license on it.

Hi @mkosinski,

Looks like the login credentials are no longer working in your new site. Or is there another issues in your new site that we need to check?

Thanks!

I’m still in the process of getting it set up. So far the issue on the original site has not shown up. I’m thinking part of the issue came with a move from bluebost to siteground. When the site was migrated there were tons of issues with paths. It was not a clean migration at all. Once I get everything on the new site up I’ll use the same credentials I gave you for the original site.

Glad it’s working now. And sure, please let us know if we need to check anything regarding this issue. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.