The pro builder is not working since the update to Pro 2.3.2. Please help. I cannot edit anything on my site.
Thanks for writing in! I am sorry to hear that you’re having this issue. Could you please try following our general troubleshooting guidelines below and see if you can isolate the issue. Most possible causes are due to caching or plugin conflicts. Also check your PHP version and memory limit.
- Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
- Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
- If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
- Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
- Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to
.htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
- Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
- Check your
PHP Max Execution Timeand set it for
120for optimal usage (https://thimpress.com/knowledge-base/how-to-increase-maximum-execution-time-for-wordpress-site/).
- Try increasing your PHP Memory limit by following our guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/16935).
If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.
Let us know how it goes.
Hi. Thanks for your response. I have tried all that you have suggested and even did the latest update that came out yesterday afternoon 2.3.3, still with no avail. I just sent a secure note with the username and password for you.
Thanks! We’ve been able to confirm this is an issue where Pro conflicts with certain optimization techniques introduced by the server or a plugin. Basically Pro needs to inject some information into that preview frame and expects to find a specific variable, but it’s being altered some. We’ve made some changes in the next release to help Pro identify if this external change happens.
I’ve installed a patched version on your site and now your content can be edited. When the official release is available you can safely update.
Thank you for the patch. It works great!
You are most welcome.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.