Pro Automatic Update Not Working

Hello,
Pro looks to be validated. The “automatic Updates” section says I have version 5.0.8 and that 5.1.5 is available. How do I get this update? Is automatic update not working, should I do it manually or do I need Wordpress 6.0? (I’d rather wait for a wordpress update past 6.0).

In the past I think I have always had to do updates manually.

I’ll post the website and access in the next post.

Hello Robert,

Thanks for writing in!

The “Automatic Updates” that you see in Dashboard > Updates like the screenshot below:

It means that you can see the Automatic Updates in the dashboard, still, you need to update theme or plugins manually by selecting the theme or plugin and hit the “Update” button. This will allow you to be able to double check the changelog of the update, make a backup copy of your site and do necessary things just in case a conflict or issue will happen after you have updated the theme or plugins.

We also highly recommend that you create a staging site. With the staging site, you can update the staging site first, double check for any errors or issues and then troubleshoot if there is. Once you are satisfied, you can proceed to update the live site.

Best Regards.

Thanks so much. I’m sure I checked there and didn’t see it under the Twenty Twenty-Two theme, but it is there now so I must have missed it. It would be great to have this Dashboard>Update page linked from the Pro Auto updates settings page. Either way, thank you.

Hi Robert,

Glad that you are able to find the update option now.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.