PRO 6.0.X updates require clearing theme cache manually

Hello Themeco,

I noticed since the Pro 6.0 release (and updates that have followed) they require me to manually clear Pro’s theme cache in order to fix the mobile navigation button. Updating the theme breaks the functionality of the mobile navigation button and nothing happens when clicked. As soon as I clear Pro theme’s cache the button behaves normally.

Is there any way to implement a change so that the theme cache is automatically cleared whenever the theme is updated? I’m having to do this manually for 20+ sites each time Pro theme is updated. Pro 5.0 did not behave this way.

Hi @kostax,

Unfortunately, the issue you described has never been replicated and also never been reported by someone else. I would request you provide some more information about the problem you are having after updating the theme, so we can try to replicate it.

Thanks

Hi @tristup, it does seem other users have also reported similar issues regarding this since the 6.0 Pro release: All websites with Navigation Collapsed are not working on mobile (iPhone)

I will try to record a screen capture video and share with you.

@tristup, So i just tested updating some of my websites. The issue is specifically the mobile button does not work after updating Pro theme when using an iPhone (like the issue in the link above). What is weird is when using a desktop browser, resizing the browser until it becomes mobile responsive does work correctly. As soon as I clear Pro theme cache, the mobile button on iPhone behaves correctly.

@ruenel, since you responded to the other thread that is linked above, is the fix simply to transition all my website’s headers to the Navigation Off canvas element?

Hey Kosta,

Yes, it is correct. You need to clear any cache associated with your website if there is a major update. This will avoid any potential errors.

On the other hand, please replace or rebuild the old Navigation Collapsed element with Navigation Off Canvas. The Navigation Collapsed and Navigation Layered elements don’t have the off canvas component now or the off canvas component has been separated from those elements. There is no option to control the toggle of those old Navigation elements now.

Hope that helps.

@marc_a ,

Thank you for letting me know that I should replace the navigation collapsed element with navigation off canvas since changes have been made to how they work. Hopefully that will solve most of the issue. I appreciate your time and help.

You are most welcome, Kosta.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.