Possible conflict between Yoast SEO Premium and Cornerstone

A client uses X theme 9.0.5 with Cornerstone 6.0.5 and Yoast SEO Premium 14.2. All other plugins are up to date.

They recently reported that they weren’t able to save changes to Cornerstone pages.

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to see anything obviously flagged in the server logs.

I was able to narrow the problem down to Yoast - if Yoast is deactivated, Cornerstone saves just fine. If Yoast is activated Cornerstone gives the “Uh oh! Failed to save” error.

Let me know when you get it fixed, or if you need access to see for yourself.

Hi @billc108,

I’m sorry you’re running into this issue. Would you mind letting us login to take a closer look at this? First, please enable WP_DEBUG by setting define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ); in wp-config.php. With that turned on we should be able to get some more information about the save error. Thank you!

Nothing is getting written to the debug.log.

Yes, I did a copy/paste of
define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, true );
into wp-config.php and saved. Then tried saving changes on a cornerstone page several times (got the failure each time).

BTW, this was AFTER the upgrade today to Cornerstone 6.0.6 and X 9.0.6

Next steps?

Hi @billc108,

Please provide us login credentials (if possible with FTP) in a “Secure Note” so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

See attached secure note.

Hi @billc108,

Thank you for the credentials, I investigated the issue but could not find the root. But I notice the Yoast SEO Premium (14.2) version installed on your site is outdated. The latest version is 17.0 (Yoast SEO Changelog).

I saw a similar issue here, where the user confirms that updating Yoast SEO Premium to the latest version resolves the issue. Please update Yoast SEO Premium to the latest version. You might need to do a manual update since the Yoast automatic update on your site is not triggering.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Thanks for pointing out that Yoast is out of date! I’m surprised I don’t see a notice on that. I’ll give it a shot and let you know if it does NOT fix the problem.
If you don’t hear from me within a few days, assume it worked!

Hello @billc108,

You are most welcome @billc108, In case it doesn’t work for you please let us know.

Thanks

That fixed it, thanks.

Glad to hear that, Bill.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.