Portfolio Page Problems

This is my portfolio page ^
#1 Filters at the top of my portfolio page are unchanging even after modifying portfolio categories and tagging portfolio pages as those categories. All portfolio categories have been added and individual portfolio products have been categoried as the filters needed to show up at the top. Filters at top (4 of them) are not changing from what they used to be even though the categories and individual portfolio pages have been updated and tagged. (Currently it is ALL. Ecommerce. Logo & Branding. Websites) but should have graphic design as an option instead of ALL)

#2 Also when someone clicks on a portfolio option on my main portfolio page (our work) it needs to open in a new link (target=_blank) I would like to know how to do this as well. (instead of the porfolio going to the single portfolio page then the user having to navigate back to the main page)

(the last JQUERY suggestion i was given on this forum didnt work) (see below)
I was also told to update to the newest WP and X theme and cornerstone which i did and i havent gotten any success yet. Thanks

jQuery(function() {
jQuery(".page-template-template-layout-portfolio .x-main a").attr(“target”, “_blank”);
});

Hi @FlywebMedia,

1.) Filter is working correctly. All is available by default. Content are changing on filter. The first 2 portfolio item might be included on all categories that’s why it is fixed on top. But as you can see on this screencast, the next 2 items is changing per category. If there is missing category, please make sure it is selected under Page settings.

2.) The jquery is not working because of a syntax error. Please remove this line from custom JS:

<meta name="msvalidate.01" content="92F60A6B2A7B737F1DB1B95692532052" />

That is not a jquery script. Try again after that.

Hope this helps.

1. you are misunderstanding. I can see the content is changing via the filter. MY PROBLEM is that the filters titles (ecommerce / logo & branding / website design)`are not changing even when i modify them and the posts in the backend. Please advise or get someone who can
    thanks
  1. I added this meta text after and it is google tracking. It has nothing to do with the code… this code i was given was not working before i added the meta text for google tracking and it is still not working. Please advise or get someone who can. thanks

Hi @FlywebMedia,

#1. The filters that are in the portfolio page are the categories available in the Portfolio post type and are selected in the portfolio settings of the page.

For example:

If you already updated the category name but it is not changing in the filter options of the portfolio page, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note:

#2. Please change the code you have in the Global JS:

jQuery(function() {
  jQuery(".page-template-template-layout-portfolio .x-main a").attr("target", "_blank");
});

<meta name="msvalidate.01" content="92F60A6B2A7B737F1DB1B95692532052" />

to just:

jQuery(".page-template-template-layout-portfolio .x-main a").attr("target", "_blank");

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.