Page not loading with envira gallery

That’s not enough, you should clone it exactly as is including data and not just files :slight_smile:. Hence, migration tools or service is highly recommended as there is no way you could safely edit serialized data manually (should be done automatically).

that’s exactely what i’ve done: exported the database from bio-pack.it, replaced every “bio-pack” with “enzovarenna” with notepad++ and then imported it in enzovarenna.

In the gallery “ufficio” when I click insert images it stay with that “adding items to gallery” forever. Doing nothing obviously…

Hi there,

You did it manually in which break the serialized data ( "Exporting database and replaced “bio-pack” with “enzovarenna” using NOTEPAD++). You shouldn’t do that. It’s different from what I’m recommending which is using a migration tool or service which automatically changes internal URLs. Please check the difference :slight_smile:

But regardless, I’m able to display and add photos to the gallery without any limit. I also added images to “Ufficio” gallery.

Could you try it on another PC or device? Perhaps it’s just slow on your end and you need to wait a bit?

Thanks!

You did it manually in which break the serialized data ( "Exporting database and replaced “bio-pack” with “enzovarenna” using NOTEPAD++). You shouldn’t do that. It’s different from what I’m recommending which is using a migration tool or service which automatically changes internal URLs. Please check the difference :slight_smile:

You mean like using this plugin?

I’m sorry about this issue but i’ve always done it this way when transferring a completed project to the real domain and never had troubles…

Could you try it on another PC or device? Perhaps it’s just slow on your end and you need to wait a bit?

I’ve tried on another pc in my company: it worked on the “ufficio” gallery but the “showroom” one still refused to make any changes…

Hi there,

Yes, using that, but I recommend complete tools that do all the migration process like All in one migration. And use Better Search Replace when replacing strings.

That’s weird, I’m able to add changes to “showroom” too. Could you try creating gallery replacing the showroom? New gallery works okay too.

Thanks!

ok, i’ve done once again the migration using “All in one migration”: now the page seems to work, maybe it’s a little slow/laggy when scrolling with the mousewheel. i have no idea why now it would work…

Hi there,

Glad it’s okay now, it’s scrolling smoothly but it’s only normal for sluggy scrolling while the page is still loading (especially the grid). That only means the page height isn’t final and it still increasing while you’re scrolling, hence, changing the position of scroll (the effect is like movement is bouncing). But once it’s loading, it scrolls very smooth.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.