Only one page won't save in Cornerstone

Hi, I have only one page I can’t seem to save in Cornerstone. It gets to the very end of “green bar” and then nothing happens (if I hit the back button, it gives a critical error). Can someone help?

One more thing: I’m trying to clear my cache everywhere but I cannot find where to do it in both Cornerstone and X… I looked it up and tried to find X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button. I don’t see that! Help, am I missing something?? Thanks in advance…

Hello @jenrafi,

Thank you for the very detailed post information.

Please be advised that the Clear Style Cache button has been relocated in X > Status. And we also recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

And then please temporarily disable Autoptimize plugin. Caching and Optimization plugins are best to turn ON when you are done building your site and ready to go live.

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Hi, I did both things but unfortunately I’m still getting the “uh-oh failed to save content” on that one page.
It seemed to originally happen when I tried to save that page as a template and it just seemed to be too much (I was trying to duplicate the page and thought that would be an easy way.) I’ve since deleted all unnecessary templates hoping that would clear some space. Any other suggestions are welcome, I appreciate it so much, thank you!

Hi @jenrafi,

I am getting 500 Internal Server errors on that page. It doesn’t show the exact details though. Please kindly activate the Wordpress Debug mode:

https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG2

Then contact your hosting service provider and ask them to check their error log to see what is the error.

Kindly get back to us with the reply of the hosting service provider regarding error 500.

Also, I am seeing other issues on the console. Since you are using SITEGROUND OPTIMIZER, can you try temporarily disabling that while we are checking? Thank you.

Hi, I’m afraid this is getting too technical for my non-techy self. I think I will just rebuild this page since it seems to only be one page and hope for the best. Again I appreciate your help so much, thank you.

Hello @jenrafi,

Just make sure that when you rebuild your page, see to it that all of the html content you have inserted is valid and correct. For example, in the headline element you have inserted this:

<h1 class="p1"><span class="s1">Minimalist Baby Registry</span></h1>

Actually, the <h1 class="p1"></h1> is no longer needed because the headline element itself is already wrap with h1. Simply find the “Customize” so that you can insert the class p1 instead.

If you are styling the headline element, please make use of the Text Format instead.

Hope this helps.

Very helpful. I got very confused when the added elements were available in different spots. I guess they’re more “features” but it gets confusing when you’re allowed to add these elements in more than one area, especially for someone with not much coding experience such as myself. Thanks again!!

You’re always welcome.

Glad @RueNel was able to help you here.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.