Onepage menu issues

Hi,
I have two issues with an X Theme onepage setup. I send you the page in a private message.
All menu items are underlined on the first visit, thats wrong. If I begin to navigate, the current section underlines the right menu item, thats right.
The last section is “Kontakt”. If I click on the menu item “Kontakt” the page scrolls down, but the underlined menu item is the one before, “Hinweise”. I guess it is caused by the height of the Kontakt section, which is to small. Is there an elegant way to solve this?
Thank you!
Hannes

Hello @salilou,

Thanks for writing in!

You may have implemented the one page navigation incorrectly. Please be advised that the correct way of doing it is to create two separate menus. The first menu will be assigned as your primary menu. It will have links like: https://example.com/#menu-item.

The second menu will be exclusively assigned as the one page navigation menu. This particular menu is the one that will have this like: /#menu-item. For more details on how you can create the one page navigation, please check this out:

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you very much. Yes of course now it is set up correctly and it works!
But my second issue still remains:
The last section is “Kontakt”. If I click on the menu item “Kontakt” the page scrolls down, but the underlined menu item is the one before, “Hinweise”. I guess it is caused by the height of the Kontakt section, which is to small. Is there an elegant way to solve this?
Thank you,
Hannes

Hi @salilou,

The active status of the menu is based on the collision of header and the target section when you click “Kontakt”, the header is still within the dimension or area of the previous section. And since it can’t scroll pass the bottom of the browser then it’s normally going to happen. The solution is increasing the height of “Kontakt” section by setting it’s minimum height.

Thanks!

Thank you here, too.
A very tall white space beneath the footer is not that nice, so I decided to display an additional footer content.
Now it works.
Have a nice day!

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.