Hello, I am trying to change the icons in my Pro header. Right now they are an “x”. I watched a few videos, and I and I went to “inline navigation”, then “top links”, then “graphic”. I turned on/enabled the graphic setup and chose the flag/awesome font for “type”. Then, it looks like I am supposed to go to my menu in the appearances section on my dashboard. However, none of my menu titles have a choice for icon primary and icon secondary. Do I need to turn on that function somewhere?
Thank you for writing in! To change the icons or graphics on your menu items, please edit your menu in Appearance > Menus and select your desired icon or add the image URL on there respective fields.
Those fields should be there by default, if you don’t see it make sure your PRO and Wordpress are up to date.
Or maybe you have a 3rd party plugin that terrorizing those fields. Please do a testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
Please let us know how it goes.
This is working correctly now that my WordPress updated to the latest version. Thanks for your help!
Glad it’s working correctly now.
I have the same issue!
No Icon editing possible.
That means at
Graphic Icon -’> Primary Icon
Menue is missing!!!
- Wp is up to date 4.9.8 (Xtheme: 2.3.0 .)
so I did what is said here:
Update (again) Wp…
all Plugins other than xtheme plugins deactivated,
but no menu to set the icon for the Navigatioin Inline Menus…
Please follow up the steps below:
- Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
- Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
- If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
- Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
- Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.
- Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to
.htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
- Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and
create a separate ticket includes URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.
Well, I did point 1-8, but still the same isue!
Will separate ticket…
Thank you meanwhile
We’re sorry that @thai didn’t notify you that the original poster in this thread could see your credentials. If that is OK to you though, we’ll continue here. If not, please changed your credentials.
I logged in to your site and I saw you’re using UberMenu. To know how to add a menu icon to UberMenu menu items, please see the UberMenu Icon documentation at https://sevenspark.com/docs/ubermenu-3/content/icons
The menu item options you see are for Cornerstone and Pro Navigation elements. They don’t apply to UberMenu.
Thank you for reply!
My first test was with the sample menu.
As that did not work I thought I test it with ubermenu…
The sample menu from templates - Starter menue Branded is the one i wanted to edit…
These menue Icons are not changeable for me.
The menu In Graphic Icon is missing.
AND basicaly I did not get where these menus Home Work Shop About Contact come from and where to edit /change these menus and the links of course.
Had a look at many youtube videos and Info texts…
That’s why I changed to Ubermenu…
The sample menu cannot be edit anywhere, it serves simply so you can visualize the menu template once you load your own menu.
Create your own menu on
Appereance > Menus and select the icon of each menu item on each menu item tab.
After that, select the menu on the header builder.
Hope it helps
Great and super fast support!
You’re welcome and thank you for your kind words.