New install: The preview could not load due to misconfigured URLs

It’s odd. We made the same changes to two dev sites. One works, the other does not.
The only difference is that one was built in XPro. The other is working now with Pro.
I did read that there is a CSS name change when going from XPro to Pro, but I can’t imagine that would trigger the URL configuration error. Unsure about upgrading to the final version of XPro as it’s the same as the first version of Pro, which isn’t working for us.
The URLs in the Settings>General section and in the db match, so there isn’t any misconfiguration that we can find.
We’ll mess with the CSS update Monday.

Please let us know how it goes.
We will always be happy to assist you in anyway we can.

Hi,

Based on your last comment I am not sure if you still need help. Please let us know.

Of course, minutes after sending, I thought to re-check the plugins… The darn Root Relative URLs plugin that is auto-loaded with WP installs was still on. Deactivating that along with the URL matching within the database has made it allow editing pages again.

We have talked with LiquidWeb about the db URLs in case they need to make any updates to their install process to prevent that from being a manual check/fix each time.

Thanks again for your patience.

Glad we could help,

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.