My site does not come up at all now I have uploaded to Pro

Hi @Elvengrove,

Yes, you may ask you web hosting for your FTP access and you can install Filezilla on your Mac. You can login through FTP then edit the wp-config.php file and find the line: define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );. Set it to true then save the file. Once you go back to the site, you should be seeing some error information that will give you an idea what is causing the issue.

If you are getting an error message that suggests: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of xxxxx bytes exhausted, it means that you need to have the PHP memory limit of your site increased.

To do this, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Here is a details article about the PHP Memory Limit that is in our Knowledge Base:

In case the issue persists, please try to get in touch with your hosting provider and confirm to them that your PHP memory limit is increased.

If you are still having an issue, please provide us with the admin and FTP details of your site in a Secure Note so that we can check this further.

I would like to restore x ~ I updated to Pro accidentally, thinking it was the next version of X ~ but realising it’s different, I don’t think it is suited to my needs. Would this be possible, and would it solve the problem? I would need to reinstall cornerstone also

Hello @Elvengrove,

Pro theme is for intermediate and advanced users like developers and designers. The X theme is suitable for beginners and intermediate users.

You can revert to X theme by going to Appearance > Themes and activate the X theme or the X - Child Theme. Once it is activated, you may go to the plugins section and activate Cornerstone as well.

After doing the changes, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thankyou so much for this. I have followed your guidance, including clearing my browser cache. The website is still coming up completely blank. The difficulties began when I changed my domain name for the website… I then updated to Pro by mistake in trying to fix it, and the site became completely inaccessible, whereas previously it was just fitfully coming and going. Now I am using X again but the site is still inaccessible. I have updated the domain name in my Themeco account… but is there something connected to this that would fix the problem?

Hello @Elvengrove,

In most cases, a blank screen could mean that there is a fatal error on the page. Could you please enable the debug mode? You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail. ​We also recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Thankyou for this response. The FTP client is unable to connect to my website. I wonder if this is linked to same problem? Is this a problem I need to take up with my website host?

I downloaded Cyberduck as FTP client, which seemed a good choice for my Mac

Hi @Elvengrove,

Yes, Cyberduck works too, I see that your site is still on the white screen. Please provide us login credentials, the FTP credentials, and wp-admin credentials so we can take a closer look, and perhaps resolve it if we can.

You have already upgraded your license to PRO, I would advise that you continue the path of PRO, PRO actually works the same as X, the only advantage of PRO is it has the Header and Footer builder, if you’re not ready to use that feature yet then you can just have the standard header like X.

Thanks,

Thankyou, I have respond with my credentials in a secure note

Hi Elen,

I can’t seem to login to FTP, can you provide us your server IP or FTP Host.
and if wouldn’t mind provide us your cpanel login instead.

Thanks

Ok, I have been on the phone to GoDaddy and they have restored the site with an old backup. Now the initial problem appears where it says that the X license is not validated… this occurred after changing my main domain name for the site. I have shared my login details via a secure note to see if you can help with this? with Thanks, Elen

when I enter the license key code it comes up with a blank page

Hello @Elvengrove,

Please double check the ftp details. It is not working for us.
We are using this:

Can you check the problem on the site via the wp admin? I have done as much research as I can on FTP details, and not sure of another way to access these

Hello @Elvengrove,

We need the ftp for further investigation. We need to enable the debug and find out the errors why it goes blank. And also we can easily revert to the working site when upgrading the theme makes the site goes blank again.

If you are hosted in GoDaddy, maybe this link could help you out:

Cheers.

I called GodDaddy again, but this is the only FTP username and password available. Would you be able to try looking via WP Admin at the problem with validating X license? It only now goes blank when the code is entered, and if you go back a page it reloads the site again

Hello @Elvengrove,

Since we do not have access to your ftp. I deleted your X theme and Cornerstone plugin. I uploaded the latest version and your issue should be resolve now. It is also validated so you can now update the plugins.

Best Regards.

Thankyou! It seems to be working well now!

Thankyou so much for all your help!!!

Elen

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.