Mobile menu on new site not working (still not fixed)

Hi friech,

I’ve passed it on to her and will let you know about the results.

Cheers,
Andreas

Hi,

So to clarify, as my coder just explained it to me as well, your theme is set so that the header stays at the top of the page and doesn’t move with it by default? Unlike on pretty much every other site? Why?

If that’s really the case, then do you have a simple solution to make it stick to the top of the screen? My coder said she could do it but it would be nice to avoid any further potential complications. This project has already dragged on way too long because of it.

It really makes me wonder though about some of the choices you’ve made with this theme. This isn’t the first time now that you’ve mentioned going against what every other site does, because you think it’s better that way, and not even providing an option to change it in an easy way. I’ve picked this theme in part because of its builder, hoping that I could avoid having to use lots of custom code for everything. But now it seems that’s not really avoidable with your theme after all.

Hello @spektukal,

So to clarify, as my coder just explained it to me as well, your theme is set so that the header stays at the top of the page and doesn’t move with it by default? Unlike on pretty much every other site? Why?

Just like any normal site, the navbar in mobile screens stays at the top of the screen. The navbar goes along with the page as you scroll it. It does not stay fixed at the top of the browser screen by default. Making the navbar stick to the top requires custom code to do it. The design of the navbar is thought more about how most users navigate the site. In most cases, a sticky navbar will be hiding some of the contents of the page which is why we opted that the navbar will not be sticky in smaller screens. And yes, if you want to have a sticky navbar in mobile screens, a CSS code is needed which your coder has already placed and it is working now. The code added by your coder does not pose any conflicts or complications in any way.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.