Missing Background Image in Chrome and Firefox

Hi! I can’t figure out why when I just upgraded to a different version of X that my background image went away in Firefox and chrome (but not safari) as well as on my iPhone.

I think maybe what had happened is that I had written some sort of a CSS patch (because I think I had this problem before) and when I upgraded the theme it cleared out the css (because it wasn’t a child theme)…now I have the same problem again and I don’t know how I fixed it before.

Please help!

Thank you
Sam Baylis

Hi Sam,

Thank you for writing in, please make sure your X theme and Cornerstone are both up to date (7.1.2 and 4.1.2 respectively)

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If the issue persists, please provide us the direct page URL and login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Happy New Year,
Cheers!

Thanks for the reply - I have given my login information in a secure note - thanks!

Hey Sam,

This is not a browser specific issue. I opened your site in Safari and the same issue persists.

This is because you’re using the Ethos stack and it has a fixed white content background color because the body background in Ethos is not suppose to be the center of the design. It’s suppose to be an accent only. It’s not recommended to override this. You can use other Stacks instead. But, if you wish to proceed, read on.

You have a custom CSS in your Global CSS that’s suppose to override that but it doesn’t work because it’s not very specific.

The following code is the correct override CSS:

.x-container.main:not(.x-row):not(.x-grid):before {
    background-color: transparent;
}

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.