Menu Highlighting and hover is wrong when i am on parentpage

Hello i have 4 Screenshots:

The Menu Looks like this, when no site from the menu is aktive. It look like it should be:

The Menu Hover also works

now the page camps is active. every menu child point now have no hover effekt any more. all are orange. but they should have white text. and then change the text to orange on hover. like in the first 2 screenshots.

Hi There,

Please share your site URL so we can see your setup.
In case you have the following custom JS as fixed for active menu:

setInterval ( function(){ 

jQuery('.current-menu-item a').addClass('x-active');
jQuery('.current-menu-item a .x-particle').addClass('x-active');

}, 500 );

Please try to update to this:

setInterval ( function(){ 

jQuery('.current-menu-item > a').addClass('x-active');
jQuery('.current-menu-item > a .x-particle').addClass('x-active');
jQuery('.current-page-parent > a, .current-menu-parent > a').addClass('x-active');
 }, 500 );

We have > on the code. See this: https://api.jquery.com/child-selector/

If this is not the issue, we need your site URL.

that helps.

but i cant detect were the blue in the links come from. when the page is loading.
when i load the page for a seconds the menu points: Camps and Gruppen whitch have child elements apeare in blue text. look at my screenshot. Were is this color set in the header builder.

LINK
https://www.apacampa.de/camps/

Hi there,

I tried checking your site but I can’t seem to see the blue links. Were you able to get it sorted?

i can see it only when i am refreshing the site.
on mac i press:
command + R in chrome

Howdy, @paulenders!

Thanks for writing in! I’m slightly confused as to what the core issue is going on here as you were mentioning the hover effect earlier and then the blue links later, but I just thought I’d address everything really quickly:

1. The “hover” effect going away on the sub-menu items when the parent page is selected seems to have something to do with the custom script you have that @Lely mentioned earlier. If you remove this, you will get your hover effect back like normal. We have a note to include “active” styling into Pro at some point, but do not yet have this feature in. As this is outside the scope of the tool itself, you would need to work on implementing any custom code for this on your own, but the hover effect issue seems to be due to this code.
  2. Regarding the blue links, I have tried checking your site across multiple browsers and am unable to replicate this issue, but do notice a bit of styling flickers as the site loads. I see in your site’s markup that Yoast is adding some markup to the site regarding things like Google Fonts…I would perhaps try disabling this to see if it helps with the issue at hand in terms of styles not being ready right away.

Hopefully this helps to point you in the right direction.