Media Library Image won't display after upgrade to Pro

I upgraded to Pro in June 2021, after that, whenever I insert a new image in a page, it won’t show up in the browser. When I check the media library image, the image is grey out and the file name disappear, I have no problem with other images previously uploaded before the upgrade, please help.
My Wordpress is the latest version 5.7.2
My Pro version is the latest version 4.3.3
I deactivate all unnecessary plugins and there should not be any plugins conflict

as seen in the about screen dump, the image is grey out and the file name is missing

Hi @info_rhcbc_org,

Thank you for writing in, updating the theme has nothing to do with images on the media library.

Do you have any kind of image optimizer plugin? or CDN? Can you clear the cache of those features?

If nothing works, please provide us login credentials in a “Secure Note” so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

just send you the credentials, thanks for your help

Hi @info_rhcbc_org,

Thanks for the login, I’ve tested it on my end but I could not replicate the issue. I uploaded 4 images to your library 3 of those are the ce-video images and I did not encounter the issue,

It seems an abrupt issue that happens at the same moment when you uploaded the image. Can you try uploading some sample images now?

Note, please use your browser’s incognito/private mode, to make sure there are no browser caching and cookies involve.

Thanks,

Thanks for the quick reply. That is exactly what the problem is. If I upload an image from wordpress, it is working fine in the media library, after I edit my home page using pro, all the image will be grey out and the file name also disappear, the file type will change from JPG to JPEG ! That is the also the reason why even my logo image is not displaying.

I found another big problem now when I try to create a test page for you to test it out. The test page does not show what i edited in Pro.

Please follow these steps and you will know what I mean:-

1. Upload an image using Wordpress
  2. double check that it looks good in Media Library
  3. Duplicate my home page (Home - Front Page)
  4. Add a classic image (the one that you upload from the media library) to the duplicated home page from Pro
  5. Save and publish it

You will find out that:-

1. the uploaded image which is originally good in Wordpress will grey out in Media Library after editing the duplicated home page
  2. the duplicated home page is totally different than what you are editing in Pro.

You can also test out my logo image, whenever I update the logo, it works fine until I edit my home page using Pro, the image will disappear ! you can try it yourself.

Thanks again for your help

Hi @info_rhcbc_org,

By following the steps the specified issue has been replicated. There might be some different reasons behind your issue, I would like to suggest troubleshoot the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.CSS/JS Customization
5.Disabling Cache

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps and you are still getting the issue, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I try and test all the steps you suggest :-
1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.CSS/JS Customization
5.Disabling Cache

I still have the same problem.

It got to be the problem for Pro, when I edit a page and upload an image, I check the Media Library from another browser, the image is fine with all the file detail information. Once I save the page, the image is grey out in Media Library immediately.

1. my hosting plan does not have come with staging option, it is ok if I use WP staging plugins for you to do the test?
  2. is it possible to uninstall Pro and re-install it again? if yes, can you show me how?

Please help and thanks.

Hi Gianluca,

I followed your instruction above but I was not able to replicate the issue. I used the native feature of PRO on duplicating pages though (please see the screencast below), not the plugin “Duplicate Page”, it seems that plugin is the one that is causing the issue, I tried to use that to duplicate the page, but I got a fatal error on the site.

That is not something PRO Theme can do you might have other plugins doing that.

I did go ahead and fix the logo on the header.

Always remember to clear your caching plugin, to see the changes immediately.

Hope it helps,
Cheers,

Thanks for your help.
As you can see in previous message, another support staff “tristup” confirmed that he can duplicate the problem, please see his reply below:-

tristupStaff
23h
Hi @info_rhcbc_org,
By following the steps the specified issue has been replicated. There might be some different reasons behind your issue, I would like to suggest troubleshoot the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

I deactivate the duplicate page plugins just in case.
With the same way you duplicate the problem, follow these steps and you will know exactly what happen:-

1. duplicate the home page the way you did before using PRO
  2. upload and insert any image and save it. You will see all the uploaded images in Media Library are fine and the webpage seems ok initially
  3. exit PRO and go back to wordpress
  4. start PRO and edit the same home page that you have just duplicated
  5. upload and insert another image
  6. *** once you press the save button, ALL IMAGE IN MEDIA LIBRARY WILL BE GREY OUT and ALL CHANGES WILL BE DISAPPEAR WHEN YOU OPEN THAT PAGE IN A BROWSER

please note that I disabled all plugins before and do a test, the problem did not go away, as you can see in the steps above, everything is done in PRO.

Please help. I cannot update any image in my website now. Thanks.

Hello @info_rhcbc_org,

I checked your site, It seems that the URLs are not fully replaced while moving the site HTTP to HTTPS and that causes the Mixed Content issue [ HTTP and HTTPS ] blocking to load of the image files. Please have a look at the given screenshot in the secure note.

I would suggest you replace the URL properly and check this again, there are many URL replacement Plugins available in WordPress which help you to replace the URL.
This article will be helpful in this:https://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-update-urls-when-moving-your-wordpress-site/

Also, remember that the exact URL should be mentioned in Setting > General, WordPress Address and Site URL, including the protocol i.e HTTP/HTTPS.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

Good catch. I will backup my site first and change the URL after that.

The problem is when I create a brand new page using PRO and just upload a brand new image on that page, I assume everything should have the new https url. And when I go back to edit that page again the 2nd time using PRO, whenever I add another brand new image and press save, all the images I newly uploaded are all grey out.

I don’t know why the images before the change to https is fine but all the new image uploaded after https change has problem.
Is there anything I need to specify in PRO to tell it I am using https?
I think PRO is changing the images url or attributes when I update an existing page.

the wordpress and site url in the setting has already been changed to https when we do the move.

Please help. Thanks.

Should I remove PRO and reinstall again? Can you show me how? Thanks.

Hi @info_rhcbc_org,

To reinstall the theme, just go to the theme page then you need to activate another theme to remove the Pro theme. After activating another theme, you can now see the delete button.

Once you are done removing the Pro theme, you can now upload a fresh copy of the theme and you can download it in your themeco dashboard.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

I uninstall PRO and re-install it again. I still have the same problem, the media library images are grey out after insert an image in an existing webpage using PRO.

It got to be the problem of PRO, I do exactly the same steps using wordpress block bulder (Gutenberg), everything works fine. It shouldn’t be a plugins conflict as I disabled all the plugins before, I have the same problem.

Please try it again yourself, just very simple steps:-

1. create a new page in PRO, insert an image and save
  2. exit PRO, go back and edit the same page and insert another image and click Save
    You will see that all the images uploaded in step 1 and step 2 will be grey out and the images in that pages are all disappeared !

If I do exactly the same steps using Wordpress block builder Gutenberg, I have no such problem, everything works.

I think somehow PRO mess up the Wordpress media library database because after the images are grey out, the file name of the images are blank out.

I cannot update any images in my website now.

Please help and thanks.

Hi Gianluca,

Can you give us permission to do a plugin conflict test?

And have you done Better Search Replace before? I’ve dry run this plugin on your site and found a lot of http entries on your database. That might be related to your image issue, so we need to solve that as well. To play it safe, please backup your database, and follow the guide provided here

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.