MEC Looper Ordering by Date - Incorrect Chronological Order

Hello, as you can see by the picture I am trying to make a Looper on the home page of my website with upcoming events ordered by date and time. Using the orderby - date seems to only take in to account the date of the event and not the time. Is there a way to order the events by both date and time?

I was wondering if this is because MEC is using a 12 hour time cycle and 2 < 10? Anyways, any help at all would be appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Hey Rosemary,

The ordering is based on the published date of events. The dates you showed us looks like future dates so I believe they are dates of the events and not the published date.

The quick ordering solution to this is to update the published date of the events.

Ordering by start or end date would require a complex looper and that requires programming so that is beyond the scope of our theme support.

Thank you for understanding.

Yes, they are the event start dates. I was hoping there was a simple way to use the themeco loopers to order by event start dates.

Hello Rosemary,

You can use the Looper Provider Query String instead. Please check out these old threads as your reference:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

I used a query string and got it all figured out, thank you!!

Another question, what is the meta key for mec_category? I couldn’t find any references to it anywhere including the page source. I can display by category, however I am trying to put the category in text form under the date and I can’t find the information anywhere.

Thank you so much!

Hello Rosemary,

I am not sure which meta key you need. You can install a 3rd party plugin “JSM Show Post Metadata” instead to be able to see all the custom fields or meta keys in your MEC events.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.