Looper Query - change the order of posts

I’m getting into the Loopers and I love what I can do with them, even though I can’t write HTML…

On our website we have created a post type: Article - knowledge base. And I made this visible on a page using the looper provider and consumer.

We would like to be able to change the order of the posts manually (not by date or alphabet).
I see an ID here, but cannot specify which ID this is. Is it the post ID?

Or is it possible to create an extra field and link it via CPT (sorry don’t know what this is exactly - but our IT man, can create it for us- he says).

Can you advise us on this and how we can get this done in a way that the post writers can easily set it up?

Thank you in advance.
liesbeth

Hello Liesbeth,

Thanks for posting in!

These are the only options for the order of the posts.

You cannot order the post items manually. Please check out this codex:

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
But the answer is not quite what I hoped for. Let me reframe the question. When I do have a meta-tag on a post. Where can I choose this tag - to install the order we need?

The URL describes the following:
meta_value ‘ – Note that a ‘ meta_key=keyname ‘ must also be present in the query.

If we build in a meta-tag to the posts - how can I use this meta-keyname in the query sorting. It only says ID in the list I can choose from. The meta tag name does not show up in the list.

Can you explain to me please how this works? Or give me direction how to do this (file / yourtube)
Thanks.

Hello Liesbeth,

What you are wanting to do is beyond the defaults of the Looper Provider. You need to create your own custom, Looper Provider. Perhaps, this thread replies from @Alexander may help you instead.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.