Issues with Code and X Theme Updates

Hi I am struggling with to perform updates. Whenever I update cornerstone to the latest my social icons vanish. I ahve them on section 1 of every page of my site and all vinish except one. I thi knthe others are still there but just not showing.

I am not sure but i beleive its linked to upodate and the code i was given by one of your support. Its worked fine for about 2 years and has only started being an isseu recently. Can you helkp i have created a staging site and i will put log in detials below in secure note.

Hi @Basstimg,

Yes, it is most likely because you have a code in your child theme that needs updating.
Can you provide us the code that was added in your child theme.

We have updated Fontawesome and now we are using version 5. In that regards, please update data-x-icon to data-x-icon-b. More information can be found on following post and scroll down to Why are some of my icons are appearing as an empty square? item:

Thanks

I haven’t
got a clue how to do that and the social code never went in the chold theme i donl;t think. i think it was put int he Custom section of the site ? can youj take a look please?

Hi @Basstimg,

Thanks for the response. You have provided the login link and the password but forgot to add the admin username. Kindly provide the username as well as the login access to the site pages so that we can check your site.

For the meantime, if you have added some custom codes to the functions.php file of the child theme before and updated X recently, you will have to update the code you have added. You can find the info about it in the article @paul.r linked.

Thank you.

I’ve pout login in secuire note below.

I never put PhP code in for this it was done through customiser or cornerstone

This is how the icons are supposed to look on my site

and how they look now

As you can see all the picutres have also vanished now too.

Hello @Basstimg,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

URL you have shared is asking for site login details. I tried entering the credentials you have shared but it’s not working.

Please share the site login details for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Apologises i have now updated all the login detilas and they are working

Hello @Basstimg,

You did add a custom PHP code in your child theme’s functions.php file.

You can check this code in Appearance > Theme Editor > Functions.php file.

I already explain why the issue happened and how you can resolve it in this thread:

Please let us know how it goes.

After adding th code it says Scrape nonce check failed. Please try again. when i try to update the file

Hi There @Basstimg

Please don’t edit/update your child theme custom codes through WordPress editor (Appearance -> Theme editor). Instead, you can connect to your server through FTP and download the functions.php file which is located under (/wp-content/themes/x-child/functions.php). Then use a text editor (Notepad or Notepad++) to update your code changes and then you can re-upload your file to your server through FTP.

Please refer to the following video walk-through for more information (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3zNBt_sHJU).

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.