I followed your advice and worked to use shortcodes to get the “look” of my webpage the way I want it.
I first tried the following X theme shortcode:
[callout type=“center” title=“Engaging Title Here” message=“Add in your content here. Make sure that it is something super duper awesome to get people to click on the button below!” button_text=“Click Me!” href="#example"]
I went to wp-admin/all pages/add new and I pasted this shortcode onto the new webpage. I added my content and clicked on Preview Page. The callout is showing but the content is not showing. I tried everything I could think of to get the content visible but I was unable to do this.
As an alternative, I found the following code on the internet which looked right to me, even though I did not recognize all of the classes or shortcodes.
Engaging Title Here
Add in your content here. Make sure that it is something super
_ duper awesome to get people to click on the button below!
When I used this for my page, it looks fine with these exceptions
- The button at the bottom of the page is not centered on the page but should be.
- The callout (the first object on the page) is full width. I want it to be a partial width in the center of the page like other pages in this theme.
- The callout “frame” is different with this callout. I would like to know what is making this different.
The page using the first approach with the x theme shortcodes is the “Test Home” page
The page using the alternative approach is the Home – Front Page
I would be happy with the first approach (the x theme shortcode) or the alternative, whichever we can get working.
Is this something you can help me with? I have not changed the site’s user or password since my last secure message.
The following describes what I did to try to resolve the issues, for the alternative, if you want to see it.
- I have tried everything I know to get the button centered. I tried defining margin:0, margin-left, , etc., without success.
- I have taken several courses in both html and css. But, I am stumped with the site for this theme. I read the Knowledgebase document and the X Theme Documentation. I looked at the complete list of classes and Shortcodes. I could not find many of the classes and shortcodes used by theme. As a result I could not get any clarity that would enable me to use these for my customization of the home page as you suggested. I also “googled” many of these objects but could not find them on the internet.
To try another way to decipher the Integirty Theme, II created a new page. The only thing I did was assign a title to the page. The page was created with the default template. I could not find any documentation on the name of the default template or the code associated with that template. When I go to “edit” the page, the page is blank. It has no visible code.
I used Cornerstone inspect the new page’s callout to see how it was sized the way I want the callout on my Home page sized (not fullwidth)
When I inspect the object, I find it is a class named entry-wrap and is defined as:
box-shadow: inset 0 -0.125em 0.5em 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.85), 0 3px 2px -2px rgba(255,255,255,0.075);
This does not appear to have any effect on the size of the callout. However, it is part of a Div. When I look at the css for the div, I see the following:
Themeco does not list all the classes and shortcodes in the list of Shortcodes or The List of Classes. However, looking at the html, I do not see anything in the above that would describe the callout size.
By inspecting the element, I think I found the default template: