Instagram reports: Please check the settings

I already have :confused:

maybe is this the problema :open_mouth:

Hi there,

I checked the case with my local installation and could access the Instagram feed with no problem. It is certainly a setting problem on your side when you set up stuff in your Instagram account, but we do not have access to your account to know why this is happening.

I personally tested the case and there is no bug in The Grid and I could show the Feed with no problem. We are not sure how to proceed to help furthermore.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Hi @christopher.amirian,
I just update to The Grid 2.6.1 and check my Instagram setting.
Everything look ok, I really canā€™t understand :confused:

Any tips for IG setting? :neutral_face:

Hi thomas9999,

The plugin should be working fine now, you can check that at the demo page I created here:
http://tozzistudio.com/testing-the-grid/

I installed ā€œTransients Managerā€ plugin and deleted all transients starting with tg_grid_. Transients API allow developers to store information in your WordPress database with an expiration time, looks like something wrong happened while upgrading the plugin. Itā€™s now sorted out.

Thanks.

Hi @Alaa,
On test page I see the message

No content was found for the current ursername(s) and/or hashtag(s).

:confused:

1 Like

Hi there,

Youā€™re right, I checked and canā€™t find whatā€™s causing this. I also checked the Instagram user profile and itā€™s accessible publicly.

Maybe the problem here is the connection between your site and Instagram and results to empty. Unfortunately, my troubleshooting capability is limited as I canā€™t verify your Instagram app settings nor connection between your site and Instagram server.

Please provide your Instagram login credentials in a secure note and Iā€™ll have check it, but I canā€™t promise any solution since this is mostly Instagram API related.

Thanks!

Hi thomas9999,

A new version of The Grid plugin is available now, could you please back up your website then delete the current version of The Grid plugin you have and reinstall and activate the new version from (X > Validation) page? this should fix this issue.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Alaa,
I did but do not works :confused:

http://tozzistudio.com/testing-the-grid/

incredible :open_mouth:

Hi there,

I also did the test on my local installation and this time the Instagram API section is gone in version 2.6.15! I went to The Grid > Global Settings > Social API and no trace of the section to add the Instagram API.

I want to apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing on behalf of us, we will continue to follow up the case and will release the update immediately as soon as The Grid developers give us a fix.

All these problems started from the new Instagram API system and it seems that there are many 3rd party plugins that are experiencing problems adapting to the new system including The Grid.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

1 Like

@christopher.amirian many thanks for the support.

The problem then started from Essential Grid that I do not know if it works now. Do you know if they have solved instead?

Many thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi thomas9999,

The author of ā€œThe Gridā€ plugin has released another update today, Iā€™ve tested this update and I can confirm itā€™s working fine at my end, please update the plugin and recheck.

Here Iā€™ll quote what the pluginā€™s author has recently published here:

Yes, it currently fixes the Instagram API changes. However, itā€™s only possible to display the 12 most recent posts from an Instagram user. Itā€™s not possible to load more then 12 posts due to Instagram API changes. Moreover, due to the futur changes Instagram plans to make in the futur, it may not work at any time.

According to this comment, I believe there is no fix/workaround to ā€œEssential Gridā€ plugin till now.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.