Icons gone after update to 7.1.1, and could not login to WP admin panel

Icons gone after update to 7.1.1, and could not login to WP admin panel. Also, WP sent me a message saying there is an error with X theme.

Reverted X to v 7.0.4 (only available stable version I found). After was able to get into admin panel of WP, but icons still missing.

However, when logged in as admin and view site, the icons are displayed, logout and the icons disappear.

When I try to edit the element using the icon, I get the message that Font Awesome is deactivated.
I could not find any control in Theme options to activate it, the notes found on this forum have not worked.

So now what?

Any suggestions would be helpful

Ray

PS found that the icons do display on mobile device, but not on desktop.

Hi @raybman,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having this issue. Could you give us a login credentials in a secure note to your site? So that we can investigate further.

Thanks

credentials sent

Hi Ray,

Thank you for the credentials, but on my end, I can’t replicate the issue, mobile or desktop, logged in or not.

Please make sure that X and Cornerstone are up to date, currently what you have X 7.0.4 and Cornerstone 4.1.1 is not compatible, please update X to 7.1.1.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

This sounds a caching related issue, although I don’t see any caching plugin/feature on your site maybe your hosting has a server-side caching, please confirm to your hosting.

And please try with a different browser or private mode of the browser where there are no caching and browser add-ons involve.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Yes, the icons display on mobile, and while I am logged in as admin, but just on the desktop as a regular visitor the icons do not show.

I am using version 7.0.4 because the new update to 7.1.1 killed the site.

The theme was fine until the last update which caused the problem. Version 7.0.4 was the only previous version available on the Apex site.

Hello Raymond,

Thanks for updating in! We can no longer log in to your site using the given credentials. Please go to X > Status and copy the results. Paste the results in your next reply so we can analyze it. X 7.1.2, which we have just released, should run with WordPress 5.2.4 or 5.3. Your PHP version should at least be 7.2. For more details of the minimum requirements to run the latest WordPress, please check this out: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

Kindly let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.