How to Update X

I currently have X theme Version: 1.7.3 hosted on a Bluehost. I would like to update but there is no option to update. How do I update?

Hi Brian,

Thank you for writing in, regretfully the X theme version you have (1.7.3) is way outdated to do an automatic update. Might as well delete that X version and its X - Shortcode plugin, then install the latest version of X (7.2.3) and Cornerstone (4.2.3). You can download X zip file on your dashboard account, or on your ThemeForest download account page.

You can follow the detailed guide I provided here for updating WordPress, X, Cornerstone, and the Extensions that you used.

Please be warned that since you’re doing a long jump of update, some minor things on your site might need adjusting/fixing, so if you don’t want to have downtime on your live site, please clone your site on a staging server and do your updating there first.

How to Create a Staging Site for WordPress (Step by Step)

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.