How to customize Email Subject and Body content

Hey, support!

I’m using Cornerstone version 4.2.3 and want to ask a couple of questions regarding email Subject & Body text.

1 - I want to update the subject line to remove the plus signs between the words in the subject line. Actually, the title is encapsulated in urlencode function that’s why plus sign occurs in the email subject.

Didn’t find any hook or option to resolve the issue so I changed in plugin core file and use urldecode function at includes\shortcodes\share.php line 63 to remove plus sign.

Solution: Can you please create a hook at that point for modifying?

2 - Same functionality required for changing the body text of the email. I don’t find the hook for it too. If you already have any hook please let me know otherwise the solution is the same for it as defined for point 1.

Thank you.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi @LaneTerralever

The plus sign in the email subject is the result of the encoding of the post titles.
If you want to remove this plus sign, you will need to modify the classic social sharing element.

The following thread will be helpful to you: Remove plus sign in the subject of email sharing

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Hey, @tristup

It helps. Thank you.

Hi @LaneTerralever,

Glad to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.