Help with Ubermenu3

Hi @angelofgod,

I think this should be checked by a developer, one change could cause multiple issues. And we can’t provide or cover the customization with complex implementation. I think the problem lies in the conditions since both are almost the same, same pages, shop, and etc. and I’m not sure why you’re implementing it like that.

I checked and I’m not sure what’s going on it. I’ll continue checking for the last time.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @Rad Then what do you suggest??

How can i achieve what i need for the shop.
all i want is that the Store-Menu will be shown in the #x-navbar and that the Cart-menu will be shown on the left side of it, i dont want the cart to be on the same link of the store menu, i just want a space between them.

Hi,

You need to do the changes in one place and for what you are trying to achieve I suggest you do it in wp-header.php

Please remove all codes pertaining to this in your child theme’s functions.php file

Then try this in your wp-header.php

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/ETHOS/WP-HEADER.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Header output for Ethos.
// =============================================================================

?>

<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_header' ); ?>

<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_slider-above' ); ?>

<header class="<?php x_masthead_class(); ?>" role="banner">
    <?php x_get_view( 'ethos', '_post', 'carousel' ); ?>
    <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_topbar' ); ?>
    <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_navbar' ); ?>

<div id="cart">
 <?php if ( x_is_shop() || x_is_product_category() || is_product_tag() ) : ?>          
        <div style="float:left;"><?php ubermenu( 'cart' , array( 'theme_location' => 'Cart-Menu' ) ); ?></div>
         <div style="float:right;"><?php ubermenu( 'store' , array( 'theme_location' => 'Store-Menu' ) ); ?></div>
   <?php else : ?>

<?php endif; ?>
    </div>

<div id="star">
       <?php if (is_woocommerce() || is_page( array( 3010, 3007 ) ) ) : ?> 

<?php ubermenu( '5776' , array( 'theme_location' => 'Secondary-Menu' ) ); ?>
      <?php endif; ?>
    </div>

<?php x_get_view( 'ethos', '_breadcrumbs' ); ?>
  </header>

<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_slider-below' ); ?>
  <?php x_get_view( 'ethos', '_landmark-header' ); ?>

Further customizations from here would be getting into custom development, which is outside the scope of support we can offer. If you need more in depth changes, you may wish to consult with a developer. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

For more assistance, we do have an in-house custom development team that offer paid services, who may be able to assist. They can be contacted at pinnacle@theme.co if this is of interest to you. If you have any further questions about the theme, we are more than happy to provide you with assistance on these inquiries.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Hey!

it does a great job, but its not on the x-nabar, its under it.
perhaps there needed to be a little change in the code so it will be on x-navbar?

Screenshot>> http://prntscr.com/jkntue

Hi @angelofgod,

In that case, what you’ll need to customize is the navbar template. It’s the \framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global\_navbar.php . And move your custom code within

<div class="x-navbar-inner">
</div>

Hope this helps.

hi

1. is it in the x-child folders?

2. that doesnt work i have tried

3. what exacly do you want me to do? you did not explained yourself clearly

4. this is what i did:
    \framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global\ _navbar.php

<?php

// VIEWS/ETHOS/WP-HEADER.PHP
    // -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    // Header output for Ethos.

?>

<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_header' ); ?> <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_slider-above' ); ?> <?php x_get_view( 'ethos', '_post', 'carousel' ); ?> <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_topbar' ); ?> <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_navbar' ); ?>
    <?php if ( x_is_shop() || x_is_product_category() || is_product_tag() ) : ?>
    <?php ubermenu( 'cart' , array( 'theme_location' => 'Cart-Menu' ) ); ?>
    <?php ubermenu( 'store' , array( 'theme_location' => 'Store-Menu' ) ); ?>
       <?php endif; ?>
     </div>

<?php if (is_woocommerce() || is_page( array( 3010, 3007 ) ) ) : ?>
         <?php ubermenu( '5776' , array( 'theme_location' => 'Secondary-Menu' ) ); ?>
       <?php endif; ?>
     </div>

<?php x_get_view( 'ethos', '_breadcrumbs' ); ?>

<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_slider-below' ); ?> <?php x_get_view( 'ethos', '_landmark-header' ); ?>

and the website crashed

Hi,

I can’t see the PHP error resulting in this issue because you have shared a limited FTP account that can view child theme files only. Also, I’m not sure where exactly you want to show this menu, something like that?

if so, this can be achieved by JS, check this guide:

This part specifically “Moving elements around”.

Thanks.

i want it to look like this:

the logo on the right,
and the cart on the left
screenshot> http://prntscr.com/jllnqm

Hey @angelofgod,

We understand that you could not afford to pay a third party developer but we do not provide custom development here. I recommend you learn how to extend X or at least switch to Pro so you could build a custom header without having to fiddle with code.

I hope you understand that we have given you a lot of guidance already even going beyond the scope of our support hoping that you will learn and continue to finish your project on your own. If you can’t invest more money for your site or project, there’s another resource you can use and that is Time. Use time to learn web development so you can extend X and the bundled plugins. There are lots of free resources online. I’d recommend you start with http://www.wpbeginner.com/

Thank you for understanding and I’m sorry I’m going to close this thread.