Header Conditionals and Priorities not working anymore

I have read through four other posts of similar issues and unfortunately, none of the workarounds have worked for us. In this post (Pro 4.3.3 Bug? - Conditional settings of specific Header Bars not working) one of your developers has confirmed that there is a bug within this system. I am hoping to get an ETA on when that will be fixed and what you would recommend we do in the meantime?

We have four headers:

1. Global (will be used on home page, all other pages, posts, archives, etc)
  2. One for a set of four specific pages (a,b,c,d)
  3. One for a set of four specific pages (e,f,g,h)
  4. One for a set of four specific pages (i,j,k,l)

What do you recommend the Conditions and Priority be set to for each? Currently, when telling the Global Header to be full site with a priority of 2, and then setting a -1 priority on the three other headers with specific pages listed, the Global shows across the full site.

Thanks so much!

Hi @dmeyer,

Thanks for reaching out!

I was about to check your setup but I wasn’t able to log in using the credential. Please update it with the correct one.

Thank you.

Hey there, thank you for the quick response. I used the same creds and was able to login BUT I did have to login twice. The first time it refreshed but when I entered the creds again it worked. Please let me know if that works?

Hello @dmeyer,

We cannot get past the authorization process. Both the credentials is not working for us. In the meantime, base on the conditions that you need, you may have something like this:

Just make sure that they have the same priority 0.

1.) Global (will be used on the home page, all other pages, posts, archives, etc)

• Having a condition “Entire Site” should be enough to cover the home page, all other pages, posts, archives, etc

2.) One for a set of four specific pages (a,b,c,d)

• Simply use:
    – “Page (specific) is A” OR
    – “Page (specific) is B” OR
    – “Page (specific) is C” OR
    – “Page (specific) is D”

3.) One for a set of four specific pages (e,f,g,h)

• Simply use:
    – “Page (specific) is E” OR
    – “Page (specific) is F” OR
    – “Page (specific) is G” OR
    – “Page (specific) is H”

4.) One for a set of four specific pages (i,j,k,l)

• Simply use:
    – “Page (specific) is I” OR
    – “Page (specific) is J” OR
    – “Page (specific) is K” OR
    – “Page (specific) is L”

The OR logic should be used so that the header will display in any of the pages (a,b,c,d)

Hope this helps.

That is how I had everything set up before I started changing the priority levels because it wasn’t working. I will try to figure out why the creds are working for us and not you and follow-up shortly!

Hi @dmeyer,

Great and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

I’m not sure what do because the login creds I’ve supplied are working for everybody else and I don’t know how else to ask you to take a look. If you don’t mind trying again?

Global Header (for all pages not otherwise listed below) is set to:

and this is an example of one of the custom headers for 4 specific pages:

In both cases, I’ve changed the Priority numbers from -1 to 0, 1, or 2 just to see if that resolved anything but it doesn’t.
The issue is that all pages are using the Global header on the front-end.

I have tried deactivating other plugins and have cleared browser, server and theme caches while testing condition changes to no avail. Wondering if I’m missing a piece entirely or if there is a bug/issue as noted by a developer already here: Pro 4.3.3 Bug? - Conditional settings of specific Header Bars not working

Thanks so much for your time and help!

Hello @dmeyer,

I am another staff, I tried to log in but it is not working for me as well. Please have a look at the screenshot in the secure note.

For the Header condition. I would suggest you set the priority as “0” on both the header, now for the page specific custom set the “OR” condition. Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hello again! I have done the above but am still not getting the secondary headers to display on their pages on the front-end (the entire site is still taking the global one). Since there are difficulties logging into our staging URL, I have implemented these edits on the live site for you to see as well. (Will supply creds for that) - thanks again for your help!

Hi @dmeyer,

The Priority comes into play if you have two assets that might potentially overlap in some instances, in your case the Global Header assigned to the Entire Site with 0 priority, whereas the page-specific header is set to the specific page with the same priority, here you need to set the less priority to the header which you need to override the others.

I went ahead and set the priority of the IT Header to -1 and it starts working after clearing the cache. I would suggest you follow the same for another header where you are having the same issue.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thank you so much! I can verify that assigning the and/or and priority of -1 on custom and 0 on global has worked.

Hi @dmeyer,

We’re glad that it is now working properly on your end! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.