Header builder copy template not working after WP 5.1! URGENT

We’ve got a huge issue.

Header builder copy template is not working after WP 5.1 update.

See screenshot. As you can see the Copy of the previous header do not do anything. That header is created blank.

Please help.

I had finally downgraded my WordPress installation to WP 5.0.3, because your Header builder is not compatible with WP 5.1

Hi @Wb-chargers,

Thanks for reaching out.

I tried it on my installation with 5.1 and duplication works okay too. Could you try disabling other plugins and test it again while on 5.1?

Thanks!

I just did what you suggested on another environment.

I deactivated all plugins and nothing happened. I mean that didn’t fix the issue.

However I noticed that the issue is with this snippet of code (see below) that I have put on a Content Area Element.
Every time I remove that code, the copying works perfectly. Could you tell me what the issues is? I don’t think I’m missing closing tag or anything like that. The code is pure HTML. It should be an issue. Also this only happens on WP 5.1. Because on WP 5.0.3 it works perfectly.

Can you recreate this? using the code below?

<div class="header__right">
	<div class="menu-top">
		<ul class="menu-header">
			<li class="menu__item">
				<a href="/about-us/" class="menu__link">
					<span>About Us</span>
				</a>
			</li>
			<li class="menu__item">
				<a href="/partners/" class="menu__link">
					<span>Partners</span>
				</a>
			</li>
			<li class="menu__item">
				<a href="/blog/" class="menu__link">
					<span>Blog</span>
				</a>
			</li>
			<li class="menu__item">
				<a href="/contact/" class="menu__link">
					<span>Contact</span>
				</a>
			</li>
		</ul>
	</div>
	<div class="menu-bottom">
		<ul class="menu-header top">
			<li class="menu__item">
				<a target="_blank" href="/" class="menu__link">
					<span>Login myWallbox</span>
				</a>
			</li>
			<li class="menu__item menu__item-separated">
				<a class="menu__link item-bottom" href="/my-account/">My orders</a>
			</li>
		</ul>
	</div>
</div>

Hi @Wb-chargers,

Yes, adding that code deletes the content of the header and it’s not about duplication. Even by just adding it without duplication, the header became empty. And it happens even on 5.0.3 so it’s not an update related or conflict.

It appears due to <a target="_blank"></a>, your content works once I removed target="_blank". Please remove the target for now then I’ll add this to our issue tracker.

Thanks!

It doesn’t happen on 5.0.3, I can guarantee you that because I’m using WP 5.0.3 and it works perfectly.

Thank for identifying the issue anyways, and please fix it soon so I can update my WP. Because target="_blank" is one of the most common attributes.

1 Like

Hello @Wb-chargers,

We’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it. Once they will able to resolve this, it will be updated and rolled out in the next update release cycle soon.

Please bear with us.

When will you be correcting this issue approx?

Hi @Wb-chargers,

There is no ETA about the fix and update, but this is already added to our issue tracker.

Thanks!

Hi @Wb-chargers I just wanted to let you know we’re looking today into this and will definitely have a fix in the next update.

Hi again,

Pro 2.4.7 is now available via automatic updates. This will prevent the conflict from happening again but unfortunately it does not include a way to automatically recover corrupted data. There is a manually way to get them back, but if you are comfortable with editing your database directly.

1. Backup your site.
  2. Locate the IDs for the headers or footers you are trying to recover. You can do this by opening them in their respective builder. The address bar will include a number which is the ID.
  3. In your wp_posts table, find the row with the ID is equal to your header ID. When you find it you’ll see that the post_type column should be cs_header or cs_footer and you the content is JSON.
  4. Open the post_content field.
  5. Remove any instances of rel="noopener noreferrer". This is the string WordPress added. Because it includes quotes it is breaking the JSON.

Let us know if you have any questions about this process.

So what do you mean? After the update I won’t be able to duplicate the headers that I have now?

Also, is it possible to get automatic updates on a multisite?

Thanks

Hey @Wb-chargers,

You will be able to duplicate your headers if they are not corrupted. Please try duplicating your header and see if it still results to a blank copy. If that is the case, delete the copy and remove the target="_blank" from your original header as Rad has suggested previously then duplicate the header again.

If that does not work, please follow what Alex has suggested.

If you can restore your site to a previous working state with WordPress 5.0.3 that would be great as you can update to Pro 2.4.7 first then this issue would not happen if you update to WP 5.1.

I checked an old version of X in my test site and yes, I don’t see an update notification but Cornerstone and other extensions has. This might also be the case for Pro. I’ll post this in our issue tracker to get feedback if this is an issue or it’s really not supported.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.