Global blocks - invisible after edit

Hi again,

Just made a small change to a nicely working global block - I increased a gap from 1em to 2em, saved it, and the whole section, with the row and two columns it contains, is suddenly invisible in the design/previeiw in the global block editor, and on the resulting website. All the components are still there.

Do you have any idea what might have happened, and how I might be able to recover the block?

The reason for the change was that I need to find a way to move from earlier from a 2-column-layout to a one-column-layout then the editor allows directly. I guess I would need custom CSS, where and what would I have to add?

Thanks, and best regards

Harald

Hi Harald,

Thank you for writing in, what happens to your Global Block is a peculiar one. Please try clearing all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache), this will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Sorry but I am not entirely certain what do you mean by this, columns are responsive in nature, it will be stack to one column when it hits certain breakpoints. Please clarify.

And if you don’t mind please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

Hi there,

Thanks for the, as always, quick response!

I have fixed the “invisible” issue by restoring a backup of the WP database. By the way, which table are you using? It would be easier to export only that table, to have a backup of just the PRO settings.

The second issue: I would like to move the breakpoint for the widest screen by a few pixels, and I’m sure that can be done via CSS. The columns are responsive, and all is working great, but two tables, shown next to each other on large displays, can get out of shape before they are moved into a single column. I guess the quickest way to fix it would be to move the breakpoint a bit.

Unfortunately I can’t show you the site, it’s still on a local web server.

Thanks, and best regards

Harald

Hi Harald,

For the tables, we are using wp_options for settings and wp_postmeta on the builder.

You may set the breakpoint using Custom CSS media query:
For example, on Customize tab of SECTION of this column, you may add something like this:

@media(max-width:767px){
  $el.x-section .x-col{
   width: 100%; 
}
}

Adjust the width of the section the breakpoint accordingly.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.