Footer Questions

Hi, I have three questions regarding the Footer for my website. Please see the photo for reference.

1. How can I remove the underline(s) for the footer menu?

2. How can I move footer content below the social icon? I want to put my Copyright statement there and its weird above the footer menu.

3. How can I change the size and font of the footer content? I don’t know if you can see it as it is there in the photo but it is currently white and small and above the menu. It is VERY faint, practically invisible.

Thanks!

Hello @astersblog,

Thank you for writing in!

1.) By default, the links in the footer were designed to have an underline. Regretfully we do not have a setting for you to remove it. You will need a custom CSS to modify it. You need to use the Google Chrome Developer Toolbar to check the live HTML code and find which CSS selector you need to use. In the built-in Ethos stack style, it is using this CSS:

.x-colophon.bottom .x-nav li a {
    text-decoration: underline;
}

You can modify the code above and set the text-decoration CSS property to none. You can then add the resulting CSS code into X > Theme Options > CSS .

2.) Swapping out the footer content and the social icons will require custom modification to the footer template. Please be advised that this customization request is beyond the scope of our support. We are unable to provide support for customizations under our Support Policy. Please check out this old thread instead:

3.) The same as with the #1, the footer content was design to have a light color and smaller font size. There is no option in the theme option to change this. You will have to add again a custom CSS to modify it. By default, it is using this CSS in the built-in Ethos stack style.

.x-colophon.bottom .x-colophon-content {
    font-size: 11px;
    color: rgba(255,255,255,0.25);
}

Feel free to make adjustments as you need to change the font size and the font color. As for the font family, it is using the global settings in X > Theme Options > Typography > Body and Content.

Here are some related links for further reading, this could help you in finding and implementing some CSS fixes:

Please note that the code provided above serves as a guide only and is to help you in getting started so implementing it and maintaining the code will be out of our support scope and for further maintenance for new possible versions of the theme that may cause the customization to break, you will need to hire a developer.

Best Regards.

Thanks for the help! I was able to alter 2/3 things and probably will leave the other as I don’t desperately need that change with the threat of messing up my website. Thanks!

Glad that we could be of help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.