Footer Builder and AWS

Hi there,

This isn’t related to the dynamic CSS. It’s happening because of an incompatibility with Offload S3. The Header and Footer builders store all the data used to display content in the_content field of a WordPress custom post type.

When you enable the “Rewrite File URLs” setting for Offload S3 it will take CDN urls and convert them to regular media URLs anytime a post is saved. This is why if you save and reload the builder the image no longer displays, and also why it doesn’t show on the front end. Offload S3 is setup to do the inverse, so when the post is prepared for display the URLs are converted back to their CDN version. For some reason this is failing in the footer builder. The Header and Footer builders does load things a bit different than a regular post. We’re not doing anything unconventional or outside what the WordPress APIs allow for, but Offload S3 just isn’t setup to handle this way. A few things were changed in this update to prepare for Global Blocks which is likely why it stopped working in 2.0.

Offload S3 is not a plugin we integrate with, nor can we guarantee support for it. However, there may be a workaround we can implement to get this working. I would need you to provide SFTP (or FTP) credentials to continue.

Thank you for that update. That explains why the Global Block does not show the classic image within the block does not show but it us weird that the V2 image does show when I insert the Global Block into the footer. I will setup FTP and include credentials in a secure note.

Will this mean that moving forward updates and enhancements are not going to work with Offload S3? I know that you are not doing anything not allowed and that you cannot configure Pro for every plugin but I thought that Offload S3 was a pretty big player. And if not support for that do you guys recommend another way to utilize AWS for media? Thoughts?

thanks again

justin

It’s just not a plugin we generally test with nor do we officially integrate with, so there could be issues in the future with updates on either side and we’ll just have to handle them case-by-case. I’m hoping to find a fix here that we can get working immediately on your site. If it’s possible to make the fix an official part of Pro, we’re happy to do that as well to avoid future conflicts.

I tried logging in with those FTP details but it went to an empty folder. Could you update that so I can access the WP install? Thanks!

thank you. I think I fixed it. Sorry I do not use FTP. it was going into the user folder not the subdomain

I’ve tried reconnecting a few times but looks like it’s still going to that folder? Could you double check once more? Thanks!

Like I said absolute newbie with FTP. I think I got it right this time. new secure note coming sorry

I’m in, thanks! I’ll post an update here when I have more info.

Thank you and thanks for the patience with the FTP.

Thanks for the help with this. Offload S3 provides some filters to integrate with custom forms of content. I’ve installed a build of Pro that uses those filters to process Headers, Footers, Global Blocks, and Content. This functionality will be in the next release.

Awesome…So when the next update comes out should I wait till the one after or update? Would that be 2.0.2? And can I go back in and start to reactivate the plugins? thank you

You should be prompted to update to 2.0.2 when it’s available on automatic updates. You should update to that official version when it’s available as there may be other changes included in addition to this fix.

Yes! You can reactivate plugins and do whatever you need to from here.

@alexander @christian_y @Rad @basanta

Thank you all for the help with this. I will let you know if I break anything when I start to activate the plugins.

thanks again

You’re welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.