Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_field() in

WP: updated to version 4.9.4
Theme: X – Child Theme Version: 1.0.0
Cornerstone: Version 2.1.7

I am getting the following errors:

http://www.christenguss.ch/dienstleistungen/ : Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_field() in D:\www\www28\wp-content\themes\x-child\post-types\service.php on line 58

http://www.christenguss.ch/werkstoffe/ Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_field() in D:\www\www28\wp-content\themes\x-child\post-types\material.php on line 101

I was also trying to update a cache plugin and got this error:
Warning! D:\www\www28/wp-content is writeable!
You should change the permissions on D:\www\www28/wp-content and make it more restrictive. Use your ftp client, or the following command to fix things: chmod 755 D:\www\www28/wp-content/

These errors appear to be occuring only on pages where shortcodes written by a third-party appear.

I’m assuming all of this would be fixable if I could update my child theme since it’s so old and perhaps not so compatible with Cornerstone? If that is correct, what exact files and items should I save and how exactly (step-by-step) do I update a child theme?

If that’s not the cause, can you please help me to understand what is?

Thanks a million!

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

The function get_field() is from ACF Pro plugin, have you deactivated or deleted it? If yes, please re-install it again and the error should go away :slight_smile:

Or, you can remove those code from your custom templates if you’re planning to completely remove the ACF Pro.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

You’re brilliant. I was trying to find the conflicting plugin with Cornerstone and went on a plugin cleaning frenzy. I’ve re-installed ACF and error codes have gone away!

However, I still see this error when I am trying to run my cache plugin:
Warning! D:\www\www28/wp-content is writeable!
You should change the permissions on D:\www\www28/wp-content and make it more restrictive. Use your ftp client, or the following command to fix things: chmod 755 D:\www\www28/wp-content/

Here’s a guide to change WordPress files and folders permission. This issue is not theme related. You should contact your host or the caching plugin developer if the issue persists.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.