Facebook Comments Plugin breaks Favicon on Safari and Chrome

Hey there,

After extensive Plugin Conflict testing, I’ve managed to discover that the Facebook Comments plugin causes the Favicon of the site to not be shown on Safari browser and Chrome (and Chrome-Based) browser(s).

I would like to know if is there any workaround, and/or a provisional date for an update on this plugin, that allows Favicon to appears on every broser.

Thank you very much for your help and support, and best regards.

Hi @fabiofava,

That extension should not affect the favicon.

Please take a look at this to force refresh your favicon:

If it doesn’t help, please provide us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link login to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

Thanks.

Hey @thai thank you for your reply

I understand it shouldn’t but the fact is that it is.

I’ve disabled the plugin and I’m looking for any solution or alternative.

Thank you and best regards

Hey Fabio,

I have tried this in my local setup but I cannot replicate the issue that you mentioned. In case you want to us to check further, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note:

Hey Jade,

I have a complete copy of my site made with All in One WP Migration on my Dropbox. Would need an e-mail address (please send it privately) to share the file with, so you can restore on your preferred location and test it throrogly.

On my Apex the “Secure Note” option doesn’t appear, only Inline Reply, sorry for that.

Please let me know an e-mail to share the AIOWPM Export with. Cheers!

Hello Fabio,

Thanks for updating in! Please be advised that we have several staff on duty. It is advisable that you give us access to your site or create a staging site so that any of our staffs can access and continue the troubleshooting of the issue you are experiencing. We highly recommend that you create a staging site. This is very useful because you can test drive any X updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

Please let us know how it goes.

Hey there, just created the staging and will send you in credentials a discrete coment.

Hello Fabio,

I have logged in and deactivate the Facebook Comments plugin.
The favicon is still missing.

And I could not replicate this issue in our local testing servers. It could be that a certain 3rd party plugin is causing it. You could try testing for a plugin conflict again. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hey there. The Favicon is there, you can desativate the Branda Plugin then you’ll see the Favicon at the Customizer. But htis has nothing to do, you can try whatever you want on this Staging Site even revert to 2019 Default Theme then you’ll see the Favicon is there.

If you activate on Plugins but not the checkbox o the plugin, the Favicon works. Don’t forget to Clear WP Rocket cache and OPCache (on WP Rocket Top Menu) before reloading. I’m working on this since a week and for some reason it’s really this plugin that’causes the issue.

Hello Fabio,

It is not caused by Facebook Comments plugin. It is just a setting in your 3rd party plugin Branda.

Please check your site again.

Hey @RueNel thanks for your reply.

I’m not sure what yo mean, with this option on both positions, the Favicon still doesn’t load on Firefox or Chrome browsers. I have Branda installed on every other site without any issues, since Facebook Comment isn’t installed on any of them. These sites have Branda and their Favicons are working fine:

flynet.me

lokorace.bike

I’ll let the developers know the issue, I know Branda changes a lot of things on the WP backend, but I’m sure it only occurs when Branda is together with Facebook Comments from Themeco. I really hope at some point you can fix it, I can just hope in this case.

You can get in touch with WPMU DEV Developer Team, they are usually very helpfull and very interested in fixing issues and conflicts with other plugins.

Cheers.

Hi Fabio,

I can confirm this issue as the facebook comment plugin outputs the generated code in the <head> that breaks other structure below it including the icons. This is just one many possible result of that issue and already added to our issue tracker. There should be future fix with the plugin and the theme.

Thanks!

Thank you very much @Rad I’ll keep looking forward to a new version. Cheers!

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.