Ethos Portfolio fullwidth Portfolio

Hey, guys, I tried the code you suggested on this post Setting a section of a Portfolio to Full Width but it isn’t working.

I want our portfolio to be fullwidth so I can edit in cornerstone.

I also don’t want the launch button

Thank You!

Hi @LucyKeile,

The settings you have on that thread might be different. On that thread it is already fullwidth and spacing around it was just adjusted. From your description, it seems like you do have a sidebar. Did you set up a sidebar?
Theme Options - Pro (14)

If yes, is that intended for other pages? Do you want to remove the sidebar on portfolio item page only? Please confirm or better yet share the site URL of your portfolio item so we can be specific on our suggestion. Thank you.

I have my site set up for content left, Sidebar right, because we need the side bar on posts.

But Ethos portfolio - I can add feature image and the area for adding content is too narrow on right. I need that to be fullscreen - so I can add content below the feature image. See the image attached.

Can you just give me the code for that?

Thank you!

Hello Lucy,

We cannot check the page because there are error in it. See the secure note.

By default, the Ethos portfolio item post layout is featured image on the left and content on the right. You cannot add any contents below the featured image unless you make the contents fullwidth instead. To do that, please add the following CSS code in the X > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

.single-x-portfolio .entry-featured, 
.single-x-portfolio .entry-wrap {
    float: none;
    width: 100%;
    padding: 0;
}

And then you will need to to overwrite the layout functions so that a sidebar will be displayed in all your portfolio item posts. Please check out this thread for reference:

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

1 Like

I could not see your secure note, I am not sure why this error is happening I have other posts here and all your coworkers are experiencing the same, very weird. I will try to figure out.

Your code works perfectly - Thank you so so much @ruenel - I want to add feature images but I don’t want to the image show on post how can I disable that?

I found this code - it works - its correct right?

.x-portfolio .entry-featured {
display: none;
}

Hi @LucyKeile,

Sorry, I don’t understand your current issue, your portfolio page is now fullwidth and the featured image is now hidden.

Please clarify,
Thanks,

I don’t have any issue - I was just trying to make sure the code I added is correct.

Thank you

Hi @LucyKeile,

Sorry about the screenshot, it’s now removed.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.