Embedded Youtube videos not displaying on front-end

Good morning Support,

Since the last updates it seems that all embedded Youtube videos have stopped displaying on the front-end. The video still displays in the post editor but not when viewing the live page. We’re using the WP editor and not the Pro builder to create the video posts.

There’s no caching plugins running on the site, the browser cache is also not the issue and we tested the site on multiple browsers and none display the videos. The site is running the latest versions of Pro and Wordpress and all plugins have been updated. (WordPress 5.2.3 and Pro 3.0.4)

After the update we also noticed a display glitch in the plugin listing:

Your help will be much appreciated. I will post access details in a private note

Kind regards,

Hello @Glasseye,

Thanks for writing in!

I have logged in to your site. I could not figure out which page contains the video. Would you mind sending us the URL of the page instead so we can inspect it?

By the way, please ignore the glitch in the plugin section. It is coming from the notification of the Slider Revolution plugin which does not do any harm in your site.

Regards.

Hi there,

The videos are posted as posts and then served on the front-end using The Grid plugin. The following page is where the videos are being displayed - https://modelmaker.co.za/videos/

On the backend please see the posts under all of the following categories:

• General
  • Irri Maker
  • Model Maker
  • Pipe Maker
  • Point Cloud Viewer
  • Road Maker
  • Survey Maker

These are all the posts containing embedded videos that no longer display.

Regards.

Hey @Glasseye,

I have tested embedding your video using the WordPress oEmbed in my test site which is the same setup as your site and your video works. This means that the issue is unlikely our theme.

Would you mind testing switching to the default WordPress theme and check if your video works?

Please also try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Thanks.

Hi @christian_y,

I tried all of your suggestions, I installed a pre-update backup of the website where the videos were still working on our development environment. I then did the plugin updates one by one, each time checking whether the videos were still working. It was only after I updated the Pro theme that the videos stopped working.

Then after I had performed all updates I deactivated all the plugins, and the videos still didn’t work. I then also changed over to the default Wordpress theme and then the videos started working again. After I activated the Pro theme again the videos stopped working.

It does seem that the Pro update is causing the video issue on our site.

Regards.

Hi @Glasseye,

Please turn off this Media setting.

That seems to be not a native feature of Gutenberg and causing the issue.

Thanks,

Thank you!

Turned off the media setting on all video embeds and everything is working again :thumbsup:

Glad it’s working and you’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.