Dynamic Video Source from Advanced Custom Fields in Pro

Searched and found a resolution for getting ACF to work dynamically with an embed in the video player, but I am having no luck with a plain video source url.

I have tried text, url, link field types all with the same issue. The media is rendered unplayable. The poster, and every other dynamic field on the page works just fine, except the video (.mp4) source.

Not sure if this is an issue with Pro, ACF itself, or a combination of both.

Using Pro 4.0 RC2 currently, but this was an issue before trying the beta also.

Hello @xRae,

Thanks for writing to us.

I am able to replicate the issue at my end. I will report this issue to our issue tracker so this issue will be queued for fixing by our development team. Please stay tuned for the succeeding theme versions as the fix will be included in one of them.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @xRae,

Can you try this in 4.0 and let us know if you’re still seeing this issue? I recall correcting something of this nature quite recently.

Hello @alexander,

It still says media type not playable or found when trying to add it dynamically. It works just fine by adding the source directly.

Hey @xRae,

Thanks for testing. I’ll forward this to Alex who is our core developer.

Hi @xRae,

Thanks for letting us know. Do you have a site I could login to to see this happening? If that’s possible you could share login credentials in a secure note. Otherwise, would you mind sharing a bit more information? I’m trying to narrow down what’s going on here.

• What is the Dynamic Content tag you’re using? e.g. {{dc:acf: ...}}
  • What is the content of the ACF field? (your video URL, use a secure note if you’d prefer it to be private)
  • Are you using the Classic Video Embed element or the Video element set to the Embed type?

Thanks!

Hello @alexander,

Was going to try another fresh install today to see if it happens there too. It’s the standard video element, not classic. Using the video player, not embed, where you enter the source URL.

When using the dynamic content tag, it’s {{dc:acf:field field="video"}} video being the ACF field. Every other dynamic content works just fine.

For the field, I have tried both text and URL types. Neither work. I have even tried renaming the video, multiple source videos, etc. You can see the controls load and then disappear, in both the editor, and if you view the page with it saved. Inspecting it just shows the media failed to load.

Thank you! I’m sorry about that, it wasn’t setup to work in the media source field. I’ve corrected this for the next point release which will likely be available within the next 24 hours.

1 Like

Your support is the best. Thanks for the quick work. :slight_smile:

You’re welcome! I’ve updated my secure note above. Sorry about that.

Can confirm it works in the point release update. Thanks!

Ok great! Thank you for testing it out!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.