Display Categories with Loopers

Will do! I’m dropping the login details now.

Hello @Rule72,

I have checked your layout and then created a new demonstration for you. Before anything else, here is our response to this:

" I know that the Provider needs to:

• Read the parent’s term dynamically,
  • Pull said term, then…
  • Display posts within said term.

In my mind, either a Query String along the lines of category_name={{dc:term:name}}"

You are actually partially correct. The Looper Provider ALL Terms returns all the terms. The Looper Consumer pull and displays the terms. When you nest another Looper Provider Query String using category_name={{dc:term:name}}, this second looper will return all posts within the current term.

You can check out my demo in the link I have inserted in the secure note below.

Hope this helps.

Ahh, looks I needed another Provider to re-target the existing term rather than relying on the consumer to read all the way up the chain in this case. Because I didn’t do that, I was left chasing my tail.

Thanks! That should close this.

Hey @Rule72,

We’re glad that my colleague was able to help you with your issue! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

Appreciate it!

I’ve implemented this on the original Global Block (see: secure note), however there appears to be a bug.

The first two off-screen content objects displayed via the Looper Consumer pull in their content correctly, but the 3rd has {null} for some reason despite having 6 posts attributed to the category.

vs

The DOM doesn’t appear to have any oddities on the frontend, and I did double-check to make sure this setting was correct:

How do I troubleshoot this further?

I did a bit of digging;

It appears that after I’ve targeted things using the All Terms looper provider, if I change a category’s URL slug it will no longer pull through to the Looper Consumer. Please don’t reply further here, I’m going to open a new thread.