Desktop menu looks like mobile

hello,

for some reason the desktop menu changed to a mobile menu. when on the site on desktop it has the mobile hamburger menu

Hi Justin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you’ve done customization to the navigation menu which could be breaking the desktop menu. Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. I see you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

4. Remove custom CSS, JavaScript and deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme (take a complete backup first).

Let us know how this goes!.

it’s only doing it on the home page

now i am getting this and can’t even login

This page isn’t working fortknoxlasertag.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

Hey Justin,

This could happen due to multiple factors e.g corrupted .htaccess file, PHP memory limit or plugins etc, to fix the issue, please follow this guide https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-the-internal-server-error-in-wordpress/comment-page-6/

Let us know how this goes!

it’s not working i went in and tried to find the error

It is saying this
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function wp() in /home/u991668555/public_html/wp-blog-header.php:16 Stack trace: #0 /home/u991668555/public_html/index.php(17): require() #1 {main} thrown in /home/u991668555/public_html/wp-blog-header.php on line 16

and i can’t even login to the backend of wordpress

Hi Justin,

May I asked what did you do before getting this error?

This error message is indicates that there are some issues with your Wordpress core files. Perhaps you have tried to update your Wordpress version and the update did not go through correctly which caused some files to be corrupted.

From this point the safest way to proceed would be to setup a staging site which is a duplicate of the current site and do the update from there so that the live site will not be affected in case there will be any issues with the update and you will be able to do some testing.

Here are some search results on how to setup a staging site:

https://goo.gl/8BkpJ3

In case you are not certain how to proceed, you might want to check with your web host and ask them if they can help you with the staging site.

Once you have the staging site setup, you can manually update Wordpress from the staging site and make sure all files are present.

Here is a link on how to manually update Wordpress:

If you are still not able to get it sorted, please provide us with the admin and FTP access to the staging site in a Secure Note:

yes all i did was try to update x theme and it broke. That is kinda ridiculous.

Hi Justin,

Based on the error message you have included, it does not suggest that the error is coming from the Wordpress core and not the theme.

Kindly follow the suggestions I have made in the previous post and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Hello i am still struggling with this.

Can someone help me.

Hi Justin,

Did you already figure out the issue? Your site’s desktop and the mobile menu looks fine on my end.

Desktop

Mobile

I did not encounter that issue either, since that is an HTTP ERROR 500 it could be a server-side thing that is now already resolved.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Cheers,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.