Currently lost Breadcrumbs and drop down menu in header is remaining visible after lost focus

Hi there, couple of irritating problems that us novices create from time to time. I have done a fair amount of testing over the weekend as I want to revise the site genrerally. It is a little dated and has more traffic now that it used to, so I wanted to look at different ways to lay it out.

Some where down the line, “Bread crumbs”, although activated cannot be seen on any pages. Also any given drop down menu in the header is “sticking”. That is to say, unless you refresh the page, hover over another menu item or click to a new page, the currently active menu item drop down remains open.

I have looked for hours and cannot see the problem. your theme is great and I have used it with great success for a few years now so thank you for that.

website is www.ijconline.co.uk

And as a footnote, I currently use X. Would you recommend a novice moving over to Pro?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi @Supajigg,

There are some thing on your site that needs a slight tweaking so that the header elements will display correctly.

Firstly, please add this code in X > Theme Options > CSS:

.x-navbar-inner .x-container.max {
    width: 100%;
}

.masthead-stacked .desktop .x-nav {
    margin-left: 5px;
    margin-right: 5px;
    display: flex;
}

.x-navbar-fixed-top-active .x-navbar .desktop .x-nav > li.x-menu-item-woocommerce > a {
    padding-top: 0;
}

Then go to X > Theme Options > Header then set the Navbar Top Height (px) to around 25px.

Pro is just like X but with more advanced features such as the Header and Footer builders. Upgrading to Pro really depends on the skillset of the user and the willingness to go through a slight learning curve.

Please check this link for some info about the builders:

Hope this helps.

Hi Jade and thank you for the swift reply.

Have added the CSS and most importantly the Nav bar height and have regained the breadcrumbs. Thank you for that, however the menu drop down in that nav bar are still staying open even though they have lost focus. Can you help with this?! Photo below shows wedding menu item open despite the fact that the cursor is near the middle of the page

Your help is greatly appreciated and thank you for the opinion on x pro.!

Hi Supajiggi,

Did you add and custom Javascript code on your site because the submenu should disappear when you hover out of the menu item area. If so, kindly try to get rid of the custom codes.

If you haven’t added any, try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue persists, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note:

Hi @Supajiggi,

I checked our Changelog and it seems that there was a bug regarding the mobile menus in version 7.2.0 which is fixed.

Would you please kindly update the theme to version 7.1.2 and test the website?

Thank you.

Hi Chris and thank you for the update. This “Habbit” is on pc and I have updated today as below:-

Active Theme

Name

X

Version

Folder

//home/ijconlineco/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/

Cornerstone Status

Enabled

Cornerstone Version

It has changed as per below:-

The menu is sporadically clearing with a noticed time lag refresh. But as per “sporadically” this is not 100% all the time and certainly clunky.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Many thanks so far.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I have just checked and this is a confirmed bug. I have already added this to our issue tracker so that our developers can look into it.

We cannot provide an ETA when the fix will be release but rest assured that we have already taken note of this.

Thank you.

Hi @Supajigg,

Just letting you know that the issue related to sub-menu is now fixed and should be available in the next update. Please make sure to update to that version once it becomes available.

Thanks!

Thank you all, at least I know now that I am not completely off my trolley. Look forward to the update.

Many thanks for your help.

Ian

Hi Ian,

You can check our changelog for more information for the updates when they’re released:

Thank you.

Thank you Jade and team, All working as it should now. Good to have a great theme with even greater support behind it.

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.