Cornerstone won't load correctly anymore

I have a problem with Cornerstone on this website: The content is still shown on the page, but won’t show in the Cornerstone! On some pages it seems like the client changed content right in the text editor! But even when I go back in the revisions to a state where according to the client Cornerstone still worked, it won’t show any content! Also on pages that were not changed for like 2 years, the Cornerstone layouter reacts odd and shows the content in the sidebar instead of in the main section. I don’t see why, can you please help me? This still happens when I comment out the Javascript I’ve added! Thanks for help!!

Hi @onebyte,

Thanks for reaching out.

Have you done some migration and database editing? It sounds like your builder data is corrupted. Those shortcodes in the editor are generated based on that data which is why it still displays on the live page. But it’s just a remnant of builder’s generated data so editing it in the builder will result to empty since it’s corrupted. I recommend doing the site’s restoration to when it’ still working instead of the revision.


Hi @Rad

Thanks for you answer! Please check out my screenshot! A problem also happens when I create a new site, not only with existing sites! The same with sites that weren’t changed for like 2 years. As you can see on the screenshot, cornerstone wants to add the content to the sidebar area instead of the main content area! We didn’t do any migration or database editing. Isn’t this strange? What can we do about this?


Hello There,

Please follow up the steps below:

  1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode:
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.