Cornerstone Update - Not loading properly

Hello @RueNel, what path are you following in the structure? Usually you can find the files in the following path.

Hi there,

Hmm, have you tried on a host without NGINX? What’s your current host? Is it AWS, in that case, do you still have the live sample from DigitalOcean? It’s just that I like to see it in different environment where there is no internal caches or limited resources. But yes, there is no point setting up another one especially if it’s just the same environment and configuration. I see similar issue and we’re able to narrow down the search when compared to other copies.

In that case, we’ll continue checking but as of now, we still have no clue why libraries aren’t loading. But my initial guess is cache since both AWS and DigitalOcean uses NGINX and Caches. I also checked the internet and there are similar issues (eg. https://www.digitalocean.com/community/questions/my-cache-isn-t-clearing-properly). But that’s just my assumption.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.