Cornerstone unavailable after update (The requested URL /x/ was not found on this server)

Hi

I’ve searched the forums for answers about the cornerstone problems I have, but didn’t find any, so here goes.

I have the “The requested URL /x/ was not found on this server” when I:

1. Try to edit pages previously created with cornerstone.
  2. Try to create new cornerstone pages.

To fix the problem, I tried to change the permalink settings, previously suggested in these forums, but that didn’t have any effect on my cornerstone issues, AND it ruined all links, so I had to reverse to original permalinks settings.

What has caused this issue and how do I correct it?

I will be happy to provide admin access, and you are free to test my previous attempts to fix the problem.

Hi there @jensjakobsen,

Which permalink structure are you using? As you mentioned you had to reverse it to the original permalink settings and that changing them broke your links that leads me to believe either your .htaccess isn’t writable by WordPress or the site is running on a windows server using web.config rules.

Can you supply some WP Admin and FTP in a secure note please, we can then further investigate and see what’s happening here.

Thanks!

I Have the exact same problem - unable to edit using cornerstone with the same error page coming up. Please advise how I can fix it.

Hi @Roundcat,

Please go to Settings > Permalink then select Post Name.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jack, thanks for replying.

I’ve uploaded an image with the default permalink settings. Just to clarify:

Default permalink settings doesn’t work with Cornerstone.
Changing it to another setting doesn’t make Cornerstone work again.

The web server is running Apache/2.2.15 on Linux.

Sorry - forgot the upload:

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in and for providing the screenshot. Even if you have set the permalink to Post name, it is still not working because your .htacces is not writable. To resolve your issue, you will need to log in to your ftp and edit the .htaccess file. You need to insert the below below:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

Please let us know how it goes.

1 Like

This worked fine! Thank you.

I was very worried having read articles such as

1. http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/why-you-cant-find-htaccess-file-on-your-wordpress-site/
  2. http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/seo-friendly-url-structure-for-wordpress/
  • and I was worried about my previous Facebook linked articles - but they all survived. Thanks again!!

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.