Cornerstone page loads vey slowly in Firefox

Hi,

My site homepage, built with Cornerstone, loads smoothly and quickly in Safari and Chrome, but not Firefox. The non-Cornerstone pages load fast in Firefox. It’s just the home page that is a problem. I made many of the recommended adjustments to speed up Firefox, but no improvement. I don’t know if this is happening for other users of Firefox. All the Wordpress and X are up to date. Can you look into this or direct me where to look for ideas? Thank you, and happy holidays.

https://www.upstatefilms.org

Hi Steve,

Thank you for writing in, but sorry I can’t replicate this issue on my end, it’s either there is something on your Firefox or something on your homepage that hinder the page load.

Try using your Firefox’s private mode where there are no Add-ons and Cache involve, if this fix the issue then we know it’s the Add-ons and/or Cache is causing the issue.

If the issue persists, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Happy holidays,
Cheers!

Thanks for looking into this. I’ve tried disabling plugins, deleting the CSS (which contains a nonstandard “zoom” function, not supported on Firefox), and installed a new version of Firefox without any extensions, but nothing seems to work. I tested the site on a speed test tool that allows one to select the browser, and it showed that Firefox loaded at about the same speed as other browsers, so the issue appears to be related to my configuration or something. I created a staging site so feel free to try out what you like. The credentials are in the secure note. Thanks for your help.

Hey Steve,

I checked your site and regretfully, I can’t replicate the issue also. Your site loads the same speed in Chrome as well as in Firefox.

Regretfully, since we could not replicate on our end, we can’t recommend a fix other than to try duplicating your page and test removing elements one by one and testing if it will improve the rendering.

Thanks.

Thanks for looking into this issue. Since you can’t replicate it, the problem must not be very widespread. Happy holidays!

You are most welcome.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Hi,

I figured out the problem and encountered another that maybe you can help with. The homepage loaded too slowly in Firefox because it contained a Revolution Slider that had a large number of post-based slides. I moved the slider off the homepage to a separate page, and now the homepage is fine in Firefox, and the separate page works fine in non-Firefox browsers. In Firefox, however, the slider still loads very slowly. I’ve tried different settings for the lazy load, but nothing seems to work. Is there a configuration adjustment that might address this issue? The slider page is https://www.upstatefilms.org/the-year-in-movies. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hello Steve,

All of the settings in your Slider Revolution plugin should have work in different browsers. Due to the different ways in the rendering of the browsers, sometimes there will be issues and this could be one of them. By the way, I have check your page and this is the result:

You may need to check the page and the suggested solutions to improve the page performance.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for checking the page on pingdom. Will follow up on these suggestions. Happy New Year, and thanks again for a year of great support from Apex.

You are most welcome Steve!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.