Cornerstone not working, unable to edit

Hello @yowga,

I would highly recommend that you create a staging site. This is very useful so that we can test drive any X updates like X 6.1.6 and Cornerstone 3.1.6 in the staging area, do the troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

And by the way, in some cases, caching is causing an issue with Cornerstone which is why after any X and Cornerstone updates, clearing the plugin cache, site cache and the browser cache would help in resolving the issue.

Please let us know how it goes.

OK. Iā€™ll do that once I solve the other issue (why I updated in the first place and then forgot about it). On the phone and iPad, the menu no longer works. It did with the newer version. Now, people cannot consult the events, one coming up in 2 weeks! Help again!

I see in this post https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/mobile-menu-not-working-using-x-on-two-sites-i-run/35945 that the older versions of x and cornerstone have this problem. Now, what do I do? I cannot update because then, Cornerstone does not work ā€¦ running circles :slight_smile:

Hi Nathalie,

Upon checking, I can see that you have incompatible version of X and Cornerstone.

Cornerstone v3.0.4 should go with xtheme v6.0.4

As suggested by my colleague, please create a staging site and test the update there first. If there are any issues donā€™t hesitate to contact us.

You can use this third party plugin to create a staging site.

Thanks

Guys, I donā€™t know how to do that, no time to find out now. Need the menu fixed first! This is my clientā€™s living! Please help me out here quickly first. Then Iā€™ll start doing all the testing. Webdesign is not full time job. I thought X would be easy. Go ahead, delve in the site, change what is needed but please ensure first, that the mobile menu is working, then that my client can access.

I will do all the updating, staging, testing etc when I have time. But I donā€™t think itā€™s my responsibility to make up for bugs in the new releases which started this off.

Luckily X has good support. Thanks

Please help me out fast here! I cannot be expected to test out every update you do. I donā€™t run test environment for every iPhone, WhatsApp or OS update I get. I need the menu!

I set up the staging site. I see it can be handy when I want to test something or update, but it does not solve the original problem : My client could not open Cornerstone. That is the reason I had to change Cornerstone and X versions in the first place, and the reason I ran into trouble with the menu, the background picture, ā€¦ I cannot check with her every time something changes, can I?

For now, just to get the menu back, I updated both X and Cornerstone to the latest versions. But my client is asleep right now :slight_smile: so no way to check.

Hi @yowga,

I checked the main site and the menu is working, the version is correctly installed too. And the builder is correctly loading on my end now. Been testing and seems to be okay now compared to the result Iā€™m getting before.

The latest version contains optimization related to performance, itā€™s a lot faster now. Could you test it again? I tried on iO (iPhone/iPad Safari).

Thanks!

Yes, magically everything seems to work now! Thanks.

Youā€™re welcome. Glad itā€™s working now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.